Anyone notice Jeremey Clarkson's anagram gag?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkstar

Very funny, this series has just been sick. Best for quite a while, good combination of serious sections, like the Senna piece, which was one of the best pieces Clarkson's ever done. But they kept the funny pieces, and did them very well :smile:

Globalti

Legendary Member
I enjoyed the anagram joke. I wonder how they will do that on the copies they sell overseas?

One of the good things about TG is that the presenters manage to avoid the trap of egotism; they are as happy to laugh at themselves as at Reliant Robin drivers or caravanners.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
TV presenter answered, without a (clue), "Learn Jock! My arse"

or is that too cryptic for you? :smile:

It's a bloody sight too cryptic for me, and I posted the original message. To answer the query...you know what an anagram is, yes? (if not, google) Have a little look at Mr JC's numberplate and do the math...

rh100

I don't know how anyone could have missed it, he pointed out the other two's anagrams then just showed his own. (anagram that is :smile: )

Bit of an ongoing joke, remember the made up sponsorship on the cars they used for racing, the placement of Peniston oils for example across the door, open the door and hey presto :smile: the other was larsen biscuits :smile:

Stephenite

Membå
I thought i'd make an anagram of 'Jeremy clarkson'. I couldnt get a proper one so i turned it into something like a cryptic crossword clue.

If you add 'a' to 'jeremy clarkson' and anagrammize it you get 'Learn Jock, my arse'. I know its crap.

I'm gonna open another can of beer now.

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Well...I wouldn't say it 'beats them' - it's not really a competition is it. But I was a bit surprised they were allowed to get away with it, on what's now recognised to be a family show. I mean, there are degrees of such things, no?

darkstar

Surely if you understand the joke, then you must be old enough to hear it? Even if a 12 year old kid can work it out, surely thats fine as he must have known the word before? Unlike if they just said the word...

Top Bottom