Anyone own a Huawei P8 Lite?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
I'm looking for a cheap android phone and considering one of these, any owners on here who can give me a yay or nay please?

classic33

Leg End Member

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I’m considering the P Smart but the reviews on Which? are rather negative

The Moto Play or Moto 6 seem like a better bet but I find both two large. The Huawei much more comfortable

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I'm looking for a cheap android phone and considering one of these, any owners on here who can give me a yay or nay please?

Sorry - not exactly the same model but my wife has just purchased a P Smart for about £200.

She has been a long term iPhone user but became fed up with the crazy prices.

The phone she now has is a great piece of of kit. Fast, nice UI, great reception etc.

The EldestCub has a p8lite I think - it might be a p9. Screen cracked in true teen style within a few months and he managed to bend the body by pedalo-ing with it in a jeans pocket but it keeps on working, a year or so on...

Seevio

Guru
I have one. It seems to do the job well enough but I haven't had enough experience of other android phones to say if it's good value or not.

One thing I will say though, is that without a case, it has an almost godlike ability to slide off any surface that isn't utterly flat or concave.

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
I have one. It seems to do the job well enough but I haven't had enough experience of other android phones to say if it's good value or not.

One thing I will say though, is that without a case, it has an almost godlike ability to slide off any surface that isn't utterly flat or concave.

I've seen a few reviews that mention that. :smile:

The kids have P7 lite 2017. Both use cases. Only slight limitation is the 16gb internal memory. You can't (or very difficult to) transfer the apps to an external sd card. So as long as you're not an app fiend, its good value.

AndyRM

XOXO
I've a Huawei also. Only thing I dislike is the skinned version of Android. It's better than Sony's terrible effort but I'd prefer the regular flavour.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I've had one but can't remember if it was a P8 or 9 lite but it was quite good. Its a bit old now so might be worth investigating one the Motorola budget offerings. Depends if course on your requirements. I have a Google Pixel 2 now and its fantastic, best camera on any current phone and a bit above the P8 price but I understand the original Pixel is available at a sharp price. The only problem with huawei is that they put a their own overlay on Android which is a bit frustrating but Moto and Pixel uses the pure OS and will get updates first and into the future.

Top Bottom