Anyone own a Jaguar F Pace?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I'm thinking of having a Jaguar F Pace as my next car. Probably a 2 litre diesel version.
Anyone on here that owns or uses one, with observations?

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I had one as a hire car 2 years ago. It was severely underwhelming. The cabin in particular was dull as ditchwater. It might as well have been a Hyundai. They may have made improvements since….

Slick

Guru
I have driven Jags for the past 10 years now and love them but despite looking at the f pace a couple of times, I just can't bring myself to buy one. The dash is a large chunk of plastic and I went to look at the new electric version and thought it resembled the ugliest car I've ever seen on our roads, which is the Nissan Juke. I really need to change my car soon, but just can't see it being another jag.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I have one and it’s a fabulous car. It has been faultless, looks great, luxury interior, surprisingly nippy especially in sport mode and for a large car economical too. 43 mpg average, 58mpg on the motorway driving steady.

Joffey

Big Dosser
I had one as a hire car 2 years ago. It was severely underwhelming. The cabin in particular was dull as ditchwater. It might as well have been a Hyundai. They may have made improvements since….

My friend had one, his review is very similar to this. He much prefers his R Line VW Tiguan.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
No experience of owning one, although I do have experience of fixing them and OEM parts availability is often poor as is customer service, which are issues across the JLR brand.
Personally, I wouldn't buy one and certainly not after the manufacturer warranty has expired.

Drago

Legendary Member
Good luck getting a new one. Theyre currenly quoting September 2022 as likely delivery date.

Nwver paid them much attention. My BiL is a senior nob for JLR and has one, but hes a chump so I steer clear and don't see him often. They look alright, but a bit small for my needs. The 2.0 diesel is supposed to be a not terribly pleasant unit - not bad as such, but by the time that model was released everyone elses has moved well on for refinement. 4 cylinder diesels are usually hateful anyway whatever badge is on the bonnet. The petrol motors look intriguing though.

Bear in mind that JLR came last yet again the JD Power, 21st as a manufacturer in this year's What Car survey, and the F Pace came 17th out of 22 cars in the large SUV class (not that they are very large) which is a bit ominous.

I don't know how long you would plan to keep it, but my XC90 feels tight and rattle free at 145,000 miles, whereas BiLs last Jag, an XF, felt distinctly baggy at squeaky at 20,000. Its quite telling that he won't buy a Jag himself, and the car he bought with his own money for the family is a VW Touareg.

But for all that I certainly like the look of them, and while I'm not a car man wouldnt mind a play with one with the meatier petrol engines.

Butid steer clear of the 2 litre diesel. Not a stellar unit, and if economy is on your mind then such a car isn't really for you anyway.

What model do you fancy trim wise?

Last edited:
Are you buying new or 2nd hand ?
I have a 2016 XE 2 litre petrol turbo . There is a Jaguar XE forum which people chat about their cars . There were issues with diesels and the Add Blue, having the correct level and quality was an issue .
As with all cars if you search the net you will find that people have had issues with all makes . Do your research carefully and good luck .
Oh! I like my Jag . It looks and drives well.
I don't like the fixed service schedule. Yearly regardless of mileage done. Mine had only done 1,000 miles since I bought the car. I will be doing my own servicing in future as it is out of warranty .

Drago

Legendary Member
As with all cars if you search the net you will find that people have had issues with all makes . Do your research carefully and good luck .
Oh! I like my Jag . It looks and drives well.
Absolutely. It's a case of being forewarned and forearmed - better to know what you might be getting into, and hopefully avoid the worst pitfalls, than go in blind and have your pants pulled down.

For all the doom and gloom I'd have one if I were after that sort of thing, albeit not the small bore diseasel.

byegad

Legendary Member
I have driven Jags for the past 10 years now and love them but despite looking at the f pace a couple of times, I just can't bring myself to buy one. The dash is a large chunk of plastic and I went to look at the new electric version and thought it resembled the ugliest car I've ever seen on our roads, which is the Nissan JOKE. I really need to change my car soon, but just can't see it being another jag.
FTFY.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
2 friends have them - both plagued with software issues despite constant Jag Tech' fixes.

One of them has numerous and seemingly unfixable trim rattles.

Not sure what is happening with Jag quality - another friend has 78k worth of iPace and from the off it sucked dirt in through the rear doors leaving the cockpit filthy.

Doors adjusted, new seals fitted and they even tried packing out the door shuts with transparent protective film!!! 8 visits and enough was enough and the dealership did a no cost exchange.

Second car does the same albeit not as bad...

... the saga continues.

Top Bottom