Anyone own a Night Vision Evo ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chris-H

Über Member
Just need a bit of advise about sizing really.Mine arrived today,tried it on and fits well but is very short on the front,it just about comes to the waistband on my trousers,now i dont have my trousers halfway up my chest but there again they're not down by my knees either.Is this the normal fit or do i need the next size up?
Cheers for any advice.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
When I first tried mine on, it was a bit shorter at the front than I expected, however the length is absolutely perfect when cycling – it doesn't bunch up at the waist when riding as longer jackets tend to do. Hope that helps :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Cheers for that,i'm still considering sending it back as when i lift my arms and pull them back to my shoulders the jacket is tight across the chest (done in a stretching test of the arms and chest),again it might be how the fit is supposed to be but because its so expensive i dont want to make the wrong choice :sad:

subaqua

What’s the point
Cheers for that,i'm still considering sending it back as when i lift my arms and pull them back to my shoulders the jacket is tight across the chest (done in a stretching test of the arms and chest),again it might be how the fit is supposed to be but because its so expensive i dont want to make the wrong choice :sad:

do you ride in that arm position? if not then it isn't a problem. was fairly easy for me, i just bought xxxl as thats the only one that i could zip properly

billy1561

BB wrecker
I just bought a montane velo and that's very short at the front and tight too but absolutely the right jacket despite my initial doubts. Being tight stops it bagging up and retaining water pockets and it doesn't ride up at the front so i guess the gore is the same fit.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Sorry to hijack Chris's thread but i've got the Standard Night vision jacket and wondered how well the lightstick attaches to the velcro pad?

Very well.
Haven't lost it yet and wore the jacket through the whole of last winter.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
do you ride in that arm position? if not then it isn't a problem. was fairly easy for me, i just bought xxxl as thats the only one that i could zip properly
Of course i dont,just trying to imagine the handlebar position to ride like that ^_^
The problem i was worried about is if the jacket should fit like that or not as it does'nt allow a full range of movement.

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Of course i dont,just trying to imagine the handlebar position to ride like that ^_^
The problem i was worried about is if the jacket should fit like that or not as it does'nt allow a full range of movement.
I wore my Evo this morning as it was chucking it down, and it kept me dry and warm (~6°C today) :thumbsup:

The cut is designed to fit best when in a cycling position – yes, I do find if I lift my arms and stretch out like you say that it tightens across my chest, but it's certainly not too tight or restrictive. I also find is that whilst I can stretch and make it tight across my chest (at nipples level) it's still loose between there and my neck (if that makes sense?). Clearly Altura wanted the fit to accommodate those cyclists who are also built like Olympic swimmers :whistle:

If you're worried, why not pop into a shop and try the size up and size down? From what you say though, I'd say it's probably the right size.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Cheers mrmac,i had the very same thought as you with regards to trying on a bigger size but no one local to me has an xxl in stock,bit the bullet this morning and took the labels off and have to agree.....its certainly warm,rode the last half in to work with the zip at half mast :heat:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Cheers mrmac,i had the very same thought as you with regards to trying on a bigger size but no one local to me has an xxl in stock,bit the bullet this morning and took the labels off and have to agree.....its certainly warm,rode the last half in to work with the zip at half mast :heat:

It's not a jacket for 'mild' weather that's for sure.
Mine doesn't come out unless it's below 5degs.

Top Bottom