Anyone own a Talamex Folder ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

berlinonaut

Veteran
Only asking as through my work i became aware today that one of our big suppliers can supply them .

The only info i can see is very limited and i just wandered if anyone on cc had one , they seem to be linked to the boating market .
Looks like a very low end generic cheap folder. There are 12 to a dozen out there if you look for these kind of bikes. A six speed derailleur in 2020 speaks for itself.

At 14 kg no lightweight .
Amazon claims:
Special feature Lightweight, Foldable
and at the same time:
Item Weight ‎14.9 Kilograms
So even a whole kg more.

Will have to check Monday what our cost price is
It may be interesting for someone with a very special and very limited use case if it is very cheap. Else it is throwing money out of the window.

Kell

Veteran
OP
OP
biggs682

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
If the price is £552 retail, your discount through work would have to be substantial (IMO) to be worth considering taking a risk on a relative unknown.

Looks very similar to this one from Decathlon which is just £189 and at least you can go see one in the flesh. Pretty sure Decathlon gives a pretty good warranty too.

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/p/mp/ba...=6f00d509-9cae-465b-a705-9e689a38ca0a_c195.c1

Our cost is low but agree the Decathlon is a better bet I was just interested to see if anyone had one or experienced one

Top Bottom