Anyone panic buying....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
I've worked on dimension saws with smaller extractors than that.
well our house is bigger than the dimension saw you were using! :tongue:
my school has a extractor that is as tall as a low bungalow and several feet square..... given it serves almost a dozen machines throughout the whole building
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
Argos offer brochure in this mornings paper has Dyson's on offer but they still want £200 for the least expensive, a DC33!

We won't have another as we've had problems with every one we've had TBH :sad:

Overrated plastic rubbish. They're the vacuum equivalent of a hipster fixie IMO ;)
all domestic vacuum cleaners are plastic, you want one like i posted
501269_xl.jpg

Cheers Ed

raleighnut

Legendary Member
well our house is bigger than the dimension saw you were using! :tongue:
my school has a extractor that is as tall as a low bungalow and several feet square..... given it serves almost a dozen machines throughout the whole building
Cheers Ed
That's only a small one then, I once worked at a place that had a large 5-side planer/moulder and 3 dual table CNC overhead routers (full sheet) that ran 24hrs a day the cyclonic extractor sat on 4 upright girders with room to drive a skip lorry underneath it (to remove the full skips of wood chips/MDF dust 3 times a day)
Strangely James Dyson based his vacuum cleaner on a miniaturised version of the extractor at his factory.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 3254308, member: 259"]I could have sworn we had a hoover that hovered in the seventies. It had no wheels and glided along the carpet.[/QUOTE]

We had one too.

Hoover made a hover cleaner called the Constellation. I reckon they received a batch of badges with a missing letter 'o' and not missing an opportunity to minimise waste invented the Hoover hover hoover.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3254308, member: 259"]I could have sworn we had a hoover that hovered in the seventies. It had no wheels and glided along the carpet.

[edit] Google informs me that it was a Hoover Celebrity. As a vacuum cleaner, it was ****.[/QUOTE]
Yes , I remember those now. How uncomplicated things were then.

I think this legislation is just another of the pointless EU directives which does nothing except keep a load of highly paid plebs in work.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
[QUOTE 3254308, member: 259"]

[edit] Google informs me that it was a Hoover Celebrity. As a vacuum cleaner, it was ****.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't know my domestic tasks were confined to things that didn't involve making things cleaner.

Top Bottom