Anyone planning a ride?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
I went out on the road bike Tuesday evening for the first time since late January and after 5 odd miles was in pain and discomfort.I used to suffer with numb feet after 15-20 miles, this time both feet were in pain after about 7 miles. So I am now uncertain as to my cycling future. I will now be undergoing acupuncture as of next Tuesday so will see what happens after a few sessions.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Cheers for the kind comments, the trapped nerves issue is a strange one, originally I had pain in my scapula and travelling down my right arm, after a couple of months physio that side is is much better but I now have an issue with my right side, extreme pins and needles in my right hand and forearm, hopefully the acupuncture will sort that. As for my feet I just don't know, been battling that problem for 2 years now but it has got worse since being off the bike for this period of time. I'm going to put some flat pedals on the bike and wear trainers next time and see how that compares.

Gains84

Ouch sorry to hear of your troubles Chris I hope they all clear up with the acupuncture and maybe from time on the bike etc.

Was anyone planning on doing a ride on the 23rd or is this on ice? I could do with a kick up the him to get out on the weekend!!

Sorry to hear that Chris! :ohmy: I hope things improve with accupuncture..

Unfortunatelly I am unavailable this Sunday as well, as I have signed for my club's ride to Chatteris.. I am free Saturday though and planning to do something short/easy in comfortable pace.

OP
OP
Chris-H

Chris-H

Über Member
Cheers for the kind comments. Had my first session of acupuncture today and was told not to expect immediate results if any. If this doesn't help then i'm off for a MRI scan on my spine to see what if any compressions I have so all is not lost. However I have since found that I can ride my Hybrid and average 16.2 mph for a 12 mile ride with one stop at the shop I rode to wearing trainers and riding with flat pedals and it was much more comfortable than the Bianchi so its not all doom and gloom. The future of the Bianchi was seriously in doubt if I couldn't get myself sorted as I couldn't justify keeping a bike the has cost me nearly £1300 which is a lot of bike to not be ridden. However I am now going to buy some carbon mtb riser bars and convert the bianchi to flat bars. At least then I can still ride it and enjoy it.

Top Bottom