Anyone recognise this light?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Plus when you have a cyclocross with bar brakes and cycle computer, handlebar space is at a premium and I struggle to mount anything! I have (just) squeezed two lights on mine, but I tend to only run the Exposure as you get the best of both worlds.

mangid

Guru
Annoying can lead to distracting, which is not good.

During the day it is a pretty good mode.

I use the flashing of my Maxx-D when it's foggy during the day, most of time I just use the lowest setting which is ample for even the darkest of nights on the road.

--
Dan

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I don't get it - what's the difference with the on and flashing of Exposure's mode?
I think the flash appears to be more of a pulse, as it is never really off. It may just be the angle that other road users have them set at, but they always seem to annoy rather than allow me to judge their distance. Sure it is attention grabbing.

[QUOTE 1742738, member: 45"]That's why the Exposure lights are so good -you get both benefits in one light at the same time. Solid means you're always lit and flash to draw attention.

That doesn't negate the requirement for a spare light though.[/quote]
For a compact point of view, yes it is good. But I don't think the 'pulse' mode is as good as a flash mode on a seperate light.
It seems that users who use that mode have no form of other lighting (unless they all store spare lights / batteries in their bags, and they check the lights often on the journey and are willing to pull over and stop to change them).

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I definitely perceive it as a flash, and that the light is constant on. It's no different to two lights mounted very close together, one on and one flashing, IMO.

Attention grabbing FTW. The flash is so powerful that it often causes drivers in a queue to move out of my way, either mostly because they're being kind, or because they think I'm an emergency vehicle (had a couple mention that to me).

btw., that video I posted, needs to be seen on a separate window as I noticed the resize for embedding has dropped enough frames that the flash is no longer regular as it is in real life.

GrasB

Veteran
I definitely perceive it as a flash, and that the light is constant on. It's no different to two lights mounted very close together, one on and one flashing, IMO.
From about 40m away a pair of 1w smart lights can't really be seen as independent sources of light. & 1 flashing with the other on steady simply doesn't give the strobe contrast of a Joystick.

Top Bottom