Anyone recovered from a broken elbow(radius)?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Make sure you start some physio ASAP. I mean today, ideally. I'm sure the lack of meaningful movement on mine (I was told to keep it immobile for two weeks) was part of the reason it's so knackered now. When I turned up for my first physio appt he was grumbling about why I'd waited so long to see him. The NHS, eh? Can't live with it, can't live without it :S
Thanks for that JDog. A friend of mine is a physio and she was round on Friday night. She said to wait until I'd been to the fracture clinic, as the nurse who had looked at the x-ray wasn't sure if the break was healing or not.
Anyway, it was such a nice day yesterday I reckoned a 30 miler in the sunshine wouldn't do it any harm and would produce some useful vitamin D.

Dante256

I've found the physio has been absolutely key to sorting me out.
The biggest advice I would give is whatever is advised - stick to it. Due to the significance of my injury - It was intra-articular, I had physio exercises that took about 45-min to and hour to complete. These had to be repeated daily, along with simple hourly stretched.

I have been running since about 7 week post op and have just put my first cycle on www.titaniumgeek.com. I've also put examples of the physio exercises I had to do on there. Might find a few helpful bits?

Overall I'm glad it not actually been as life changing as I was worried about!

Top Bottom