Anyone ride the last Mountain Mayhem at the weekend?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I am not much of a mountain biker, but rode in a relay team at this year Mountain Mayhem over the weekend at Gatcombe Park.
Boiling Hot:sun:, really friendly atmosphere with one minor exception, kids enjoyed it (all taking part in Mini Mayhem and then cheering on and high fiving the riders) and I only stuffed it once:B). Also beat all of my team mates for a fastest lap. Must be the road fitness on the climbs as it definitely wasn't due to my technical skills which were close to their limits on a couple of the trickier sections.
Apart from the club rider screaming at us to get out of her way after the crash as everyone was sliding around on the muddy slope, a really good weekend.
It will be interesting to see what they intend to do next year.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I am not much of a mountain biker, but rode in a relay team at this year Mountain Mayhem over the weekend at Gatcombe Park.
Boiling Hot:sun:, really friendly atmosphere with one minor exception, kids enjoyed it (all taking part in Mini Mayhem and then cheering on and high fiving the riders) and I only stuffed it once:B). Also beat all of my team mates for a fastest lap. Must be the road fitness on the climbs as it definitely wasn't due to my technical skills which were close to their limits on a couple of the trickier sections.
Apart from the club rider screaming at us to get out of her way after the crash as everyone was sliding around on the muddy slope, a really good weekend.
It will be interesting to see what they intend to do next year.

Not fancy a solo attempt?

Motozulu

Über Member
My mates did it - but it's not my kind of thing. What is my kind of thing is the day we had at Nant Yr Arian yesterday - saw only 2 other riders all day and absolutely stunning views and great trails.

Great place.

Top Bottom