Anyone selling a Specialized Sirrus Sport 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

insurin

Or know anywhere still stocking them. I have found 2 places on the Internet but the price is not right

I am after a large frame

cheers

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Specialized dictate the price of products which is why they are pretty much the same price anywhere. You will only find real variations of price in old stock. If retail is not the right price and you do not require a lifetime frame warranty you should buy second hand.

OP
OP
I

insurin

Well I bought one on Thursday for £250 plus £50 pnp on ebay. I paid via Paypal but the seller told me the bike had been stolen after I won the auction. He refunded me though.

The Trek 7.4 FX is also in the mix now so I am after either of the following second hand.

Specialized Sirrus Sport 2013 large frame
Trek 7.4 FX 2014 edition large frame.

I live in the North West of England.

cheers

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
I found the same with my new Scott , as its the 2014 model everyone was the same price and no one would give any discount, they all just say they will price match, but as they are all the same price thats not much use.

OP
OP
I

insurin

I have just bought a Trek 7.2 FX 2014 edition used but in very good condition (virtually new). It still has the grease on the seat post. It doesn't feel right though compared to my Tricross. I spent the last 30 minutes figuring out where the difference is. My leg doesn't feel like its extending enough when cycling. If I put the saddle any higher, I cannot touch the floor when on the saddle. Measuring from the floor to the crankset, the Tricross is 11 inches and the Trek is 11.5 inches and I think this is the main issue.

Hmmm.What to do next

OP
OP
I

insurin

After reading about BB heights on MTB's in comparison to road and other bikes, I have come to realize that this Trek 7.2 FX is not for me. I am going to have to sell it.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I have just bought a Trek 7.2 FX 2014 edition used but in very good condition (virtually new). It still has the grease on the seat post. It doesn't feel right though compared to my Tricross. I spent the last 30 minutes figuring out where the difference is. My leg doesn't feel like its extending enough when cycling. If I put the saddle any higher, I cannot touch the floor when on the saddle. Measuring from the floor to the crankset, the Tricross is 11 inches and the Trek is 11.5 inches and I think this is the main issue.

Hmmm.What to do next

Being able to touch the floor when in the saddle isn't a huge problem. Just drop off the saddle when stopped. Most people do that anyway.

uclown2002

Guru
:eek: Holy Thread Hijack :eek:

OP
OP
I

insurin

You shouldn't be able to put your feet on the ground when on the saddle, if you can the saddle is the wrong height for you.
Well when I say touch the floor, I only mean fully stretched tiptoes. When I stop at lights I can remain seated and get my toes to touch the road by leaning to one side.

Top Bottom