anyone suffered from anterior knee pain???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

naffets

hi,suffering from knee pain,patellofemoral pain syndrome looks like the diagnosis has anybody had a similiar injury.i have had pain during and after rides for the last 2 months. visiting a sports phisio soon and wondered if anyone had any advice to share on recovery and treatment cheers

Baggy

Cake connoisseur
I've had similar - caused by my outer quad muscles being stronger than my inner ones, and by having a tight ITB which caused my kneecap to pull over to the outside of the leg slightly. I cut down the mileage, rode lower gears at a high cadence got my set up on the bike checked (have gradually raised my saddle by 2cm) and followed the exercises set by the physio religiously. The problem went away and fortunately hasn't returned...the physio should sort you out.

DaveP

Naff,

+1, although i know the reason for this as my left knee has had the Anterior Cruciate Ligament severed due to a RTA.

Kinda odd when going for it up hills as my right knee does what it is supposed to do while the left hits the drops…

Have had to put Sidas insoles in my shoes to try and keep things as straight as I can, but admit to no real problems with it

Top Bottom