Anyone thinking of getting some Gatorskins?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Panter said:
I do very much get that impression. When I was researching which p**ctu*e proof tyre to go for, they seemed well regarded apart from by a few who seemed to hate them. Well, I'm firmly in that camp now ;)
Freak! :biggrin:

D

Deleted member 1258

MePower said:
Rant on, friend, rant on!:biggrin: Sometimes you get a run of problems with bikes, mine at the mo is spokes and broken hubs, and i`ve lost weight! Go figure ;) Keep going though, its all part of the experience. Its hard, but try and think positively, things will come good!

I am going through the same thing, silly minor injuries, muscle pulls etc, normally I am bullet proof. On the subject of Gator skins I have been on them for years without major problems. That statement surly is an invite to the fairie!

colly

Re member eR
I am on Gatorskins currently and I have never had so many punctures. Maybe I am just unlucky.

They do seem a little fragile though.

1 year on Gatorskins and just one pun**** which was my fault for letting the PSI drop

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
Ive had a few punctures on the GatorSkins, 2/3 maybe. Done about 5000miles on them, and one puncture was because the back one wore down too much and i couldnt be bothered to change it.
I have thought about putting them on the fixed, but when ive had my back wheel lock up on a dry road before they flatspot easy, and because i tend to skid alot on the fixed i dont want to be paying alot for back tyres when they flat spot.
They are sometimes abit slippy though, i was in Germany and on a RAB when i was going around pretty slowly my back wheel was wiggling around struggling for grip.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Aperitif said:
Check these out Panter:

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=6957&highlight=Gatorskins

http://www.cyclechat.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=12454

My latest pair are super duper and have lasted without failing. (I know, I know...:wacko:)

Hmmmm, I forsee much regretting of that post sometime very soon :biggrin:

Chuffy said:

:smile:

Aperitif said:
Even wierder Panter, I'm moving premises at the moment and spent five weeks off the bike up to November...<cue wierd music> :wacko:

Thats just spooky...........

Ok all, now some of you have been singing the praises of these bl**dy things in Black & White for all to see, lets just see what the new week brings eh? :biggrin:

dave r said:
I am going through the same thing, silly minor injuries, muscle pulls etc, normally I am bullet proof. On the subject of Gator skins I have been on them for years without major problems. That statement surly is an invite to the fairie!

They must sweep the roads very well where you live! :?:

GrahamG

Guru
It's weird the range of opinions - I took a pair off a commuter about two years ago as they punctured twice in about 300 miles. Left them in the garage then put them on my new road bike 6 months ago, it's only done another 200-300 miles and I've had two punctures and they've got shedloads of cuts. Now whilst the last two punctures have been pretty much nail-like thorns, they were both through the sidewall which didn't impress me.
Bizarrely, I'm finding the cheapo vittoria rubinos on the fixed/commuter are doing better!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Hugo15 said:
Is there any other cycling product that divides opinion like Gatorskins?

Mudguards:biggrin:

I've had a visit from the P******* fairy this morning ;)... a chunk of glass. To add to getting totally soaked as well... Mine are Marathon's but not the plus's. Still a nice lady walking along smiled at me and it was infectious so I smiled back:smile:.

Top Bottom