Anyone use Amazon Prime?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

N0bodyOfTheGoat

Über Member
Location
Hampshire, UK
We recently had a twin pack of CR2025 delivered with our subcribe/save bits, but neither of us know what we have that takes this size, or who ordered them at start of month... I've discovered the payment came from my card! :wacko:

Edit: Finally discovered a gadget that uses CR2025, the Toatronics pedestal fan I use mostly with turbo trainer. This must be an old S&S from 6/12 months ago, but history is only showing it ordered recently.
 
Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
just ordered 2 tube rads for the lost conversion , my daughter doesnt intend to sleep in it and need something to keep the chill off .
i was quoted close to £600 to get a radiator plumbed in up there and was warned there might not be enough pressure in the system as we have the small diameter pipes so its a balance between upfront cost with the potential for a system that cant cope or higher energy bill to electric heat it .
 

PaulSB

Squire
Mrs P uses Amazon Prime, I know she has a specific reason but can't recall what it is. No matter because at £75 and the number of deliveries Mrs P receives it's a bargain.

I use her account, the savings, speed of delivery and service is good value. I forget what but last Sunday I needed a couple of minor bike items. Free, same delivery was available and the products arrived within six hours.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the many arguments against using Amazon.
 

SpokeyDokey

69, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Moderator
Mrs P uses Amazon Prime, I know she has a specific reason but can't recall what it is. No matter because at £75 and the number of deliveries Mrs P receives it's a bargain.

I use her account, the savings, speed of delivery and service is good value. I forget what but last Sunday I needed a couple of minor bike items. Free, same delivery was available and the products arrived within six hours.

Yes, I'm fully aware of the many arguments against using Amazon.

Similar here. We use it all the time. The service we receive is exceptional.

It also saves us from heading into Kendal on a fruitless search for items we want but cannot find.
 

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
just ordered 2 tube rads for the lost conversion , my daughter doesnt intend to sleep in it and need something to keep the chill off .
i was quoted close to £600 to get a radiator plumbed in up there and was warned there might not be enough pressure in the system as we have the small diameter pipes so its a balance between upfront cost with the potential for a system that cant cope or higher energy bill to electric heat it .

And Amazon offered to fit it?
 

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
We had a cat food delivery this week. Delivery said the wet and dried food were delivered together in the same box, only the wet was in the box. Onto Amazon chat, they resolved it and dispatched a new pack of 4 x 800g dry food, no quibble.

A day later, the original order was left in the porch (possibly a driver error on the day). Then a day later, the replacement arrived.
 

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Location
Inside my skull
We had a cat food delivery this week. Delivery said the wet and dried food were delivered together in the same box, only the wet was in the box. Onto Amazon chat, they resolved it and dispatched a new pack of 4 x 800g dry food, no quibble.

A day later, the original order was left in the porch (possibly a driver error on the day). Then a day later, the replacement arrived.

Have you got any cats or is this prepping for El Nino?
 

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Moderator
Location
Glasgow
his must be an old S&S from 6/12 months ago, but history is only showing it ordered recently.
Maybe you clicked delivery every 6 months.
You do get a reminder email about skipping items or make changes, but the email can easily be overlooked.
That's how I ended up with 2x20kg bags of cat litter, and my cat only does his business outside.
The litter was for my other cat that had passed away :sad:, I forgot to cancel the subscription.
 

N0bodyOfTheGoat

Über Member
Location
Hampshire, UK
Maybe you clicked delivery every 6 months.
You do get a reminder email about skipping items or make changes, but the email can easily be overlooked.
That's how I ended up with 2x20kg bags of cat litter, and my cat only does his business outside.
The litter was for my other cat that had passed away :sad:, I forgot to cancel the subscription.

It's my better half's account, I'll ask her to check through emails.

I do recall the fan remote not working for a while after autumn 2022 and at some point (but after at least several months, no remote wasn't a big deal as fan is less than 2 feet from turbo trainer), either finding or buying a new CR2025.

My guess is the order history isn't correctly showing previous S&S CR2025s, or I didn't search properly.
 
Top Bottom