Anyone voting yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BrumJim

Forum Stalwart (won't take the hint and leave...)
I have to say that I was a bit pissed off that they got rid of Supplementary Vote and replaced it with FPTP. Mainly because putting Count Binface as my second vote was the only bit of the whole palaver that I was genuinely enthusiastic about.

Count Binface should be your first choice. When he / she / it gets knocked out of the voting, then your second choice counts. Unless your second choice is even more unpopular that Count Binface.

Doesn't matter now. I know when Lib Dems were in coalition with the Conservatives they tried to introduce single or multiple transferable votes. Incumbent political parties (certainly the conservatives) claimed it was too complicated. Asked my 2-year-old to put his cuddly toys in order of preference, which he managed happily.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Count Binface should be your first choice. When he / she / it gets knocked out of the voting, then your second choice counts. Unless your second choice is even more unpopular that Count Binface.

The only problem with your plan is that if everyone did that for a laugh then Bin Face would win.
Which may not actually be a problem.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler

They've got rid of Supplementary Vote. There's no first and second choice any more. Just FPTP.

Top Bottom