No TV licence - anyone else?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Ah, the goons. I presume you know the drill? Don't answer the door, don't tell them your name, don't confirm anything.

I don't pay the paedo tax either, non BBC catch-up and streaming services only, never had a visit but lots of threatening letters.

Drago

Legendary Member
I don't even listen to BBC radio, just to make the point.

Sharky

Guru
We always have, but my daughter, living in supported living, only watches streaming, Disney + etc.

Doesn't have an ariel plugged in.

After an email battle with the licensing people, they accepted that she doesn't need a TV licence. But would be asked again in a couple of years when they periodically check which households have licenses.

Drago

Legendary Member
They're tossers. Why do we have to justify to them every few years that we don't watch BBC iplayer or live TV? People don't have to inform the authorities every few years that they don't own a shotgun, car or fishing rod, so what makes the BBC so special?

Interestingly, a guy in Scotland, a retired solicitor, is taking Capita to court for criminal harassment over the persistently threatening tone of their unsolicited letters.

It also appears Capita are in technical breach of RIPA for using body cams to film people stood inside their front door and someone (the kung fu lawyer, or whatever he calls himself) is working on that too.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I used to work in a small office/workshop in Battersea. For twenty years, about once every six months, I was sent threatening letters by the TV goon squad. I had the opportunity to fill in form telling them that I didn't have a TV but the pre-addressed reply envelope had no stamp. I was not prepared to pay their postage costs or pay for the cost of a phone call either. That's how it stayed for twenty years until I vacated the premises.

I was rather disappointed that they never showed up.

Top Bottom