Anyone voting yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
At risk of ending up in The Other Place, a non-politic question re voting.
In our part of Hamtun, WNC, it's just police / fire / summat commissioner.

Any one bother with these folk?

I probably will but I don't expect to be pushing through the crowds to get in!

Alex321

Veteran
Here in Wales, it is just Police commissioners as well.

Not sure whether we'll bother.

Oh - should have added
we get to vote for 3 things - sorry positions

a) local counsellor - easy because the one standing here has been helpful to me personally when I have asked questions and has done a lot of good stuff for the local community

b) Metro Mayor

c) Police and Crime Commissioner

comments about each one deleted to avoid the thread going all "other place"

If I have the opportunity to vote I always do if I can

so I will - and so will be my wife

If i don;t I don't consider I have a right to moan about "them" - although I don;t consider that I have any right to moan about other people if they think differently

Are you only voting so you can have a moan about them? No other reason? :ohmy:

Are you only voting so you can have a moan about them? No other reason? :ohmy:

Well no
I mainly vote so I have some (very small!) say in who gets to run things

but if I didn;t bother I would feel guilty about complaining that "the other lot got in and are not doing things the way I want"

In cases like this I also want to send a - again very small - message to the government

I reckon that I have very little power - but there are a lot of people like me and if we all vote then something might go the way I want

If we don;t vote then people who don't think like me might well vote and then things might be done that I do not approve of

or something like that

democracy is weird but if done properly it does seem to work

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
I voted days ago.
I’ve had a postal vote for over 10 years.
It’s so easy that I don’t know why everyone doesn’t do it. Saves on actually having to go to the polling station.

@ebikeerwidnes I guessed that, it's just the way you posted that got me.

I think there's a lot who always vote with similar POV. I have found all parties who get in and stay in let us down. There's probably more voting against than voting for.

Already done it, Postal Vote. Local Councillors and Mayor for West Yorkshire. ^_^

I was listening to my Postie have a little moan about these, as everyone gets not only the Postal Vote forms but about 2 weeks before a notice that we're going to get the Postal Vote soon so he was unhappy with all the extra post!:laugh:

Top Bottom