Anyone voting yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
If I have the opportunity to vote I always do if I can

so I will - and so will be my wife

If i don;t I don't consider I have a right to moan about "them" - although I don;t consider that I have any right to moan about other people if they think differently

I totally agree, my son will also be voting for the first time tomorrow.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
It used to be less easy to get a postal vote. When I did long distance driving I was eligible for one but, from memory, I had to fill forms in to say why I needed it. I can't remember if or how I proved it, though!

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
I do hope so else I'll have nothing to do tomorrow night. The 10pm start is past my bedtime so I hope it's going to be worthwhile :smile:

Tomorrow night is just checking that the correct number of papers are in the ballot boxes that arrive from the polling stations. Actually counting of the votes doesn't happen until Friday and I haven't been invited to work that session.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I voted days ago.
I’ve had a postal vote for over 10 years.
It’s so easy that I don’t know why everyone doesn’t do it. Saves on actually having to go to the polling station.

Me too. Saves me forgetting to go, or getting caught in a meeting. Guaranteed to get it done in the 3 weeks or so they give you. I do wonder if general voting turnout would increase if postal votes were mandatory. Also less disruption e.g. buildings and even schools are sometimes closed for voting to take place

Punkawallah

Über Member
Yup. Usually vote for an independent - at least they might get their deposit back. This time for the one in favour of proportional representation.

tom73

Guru
I will, but this time don't see the purpose. Our local councillor will get in even though they're about as straight as a bowl of noodles. And it's the local mayor who again will get in.

I feel like drawing a daffodil on the voting slips ... :whistle:

Round here some candidates at counting time kick off big time when they see what some write on ballot papers. The fact that they've even turned out to vote and maybe they. Need to change how they go about things is lost on them.

People voting for me tomorrow!

Well I'm not voting for you!!

BTW - I have a Post Vote bit I haven't posted it

I have to take my wife to the voting station anyway as she can;t walk that far so I'll just drop it in while I am there

apparently I will have to fill in a form this time - not sure of the reasons this is more secure than if I posted it but whatever - best people know what to expect!

tom73

Guru
Well I'm not voting for you!!

BTW - I have a Post Vote bit I haven't posted it

I have to take my wife to the voting station anyway as she can;t walk that far so I'll just drop it in while I am there

apparently I will have to fill in a form this time - not sure of the reasons this is more secure than if I posted it but whatever - best people know what to expect!

Filled one in yesterday. It's a pretty simple form basically ask's how many your handing in , for who and you're not an election agent.

Top Bottom