Anyone voting yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My wife is doing her usual poll clerk role.

My brother is a presiding officer for the first time, in a Guide hut which will actually have TWO polling stations in one small room. So there'll be four ballot boxes, and voters usually seem to think it doesn't matter which box their voting slips go in, so he'll have his work cut out! He was there earlier this evening, building a wall of tables to keep the two wards apart.

My oldest has just passed 18. He hasn't told me who he'll vote for!

tom73

Guru
Hong on you lot

Lets just be honest and admit that the important thing about tomorrow is the photos of
"Dogs outside Polling Stations"

That is what we all want!!

Before voter ID we always made voting part the dog walk. All our dogs over the years have gone in with us. Normally the same ones staffing polling station so they got to know our dogs. They always got a fuss.

classic33

Leg End Member
My area isn't voting tomorrow, so I don't have the option of deliberately not-voting. Unfortunately.
Can you pretend you're deliberately not voting?

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Just the Police and Crime Commissioner post in my area. I've already returned the form by postal vote with the words "I vote to disband the post of Police and Crime Commissioner" written across it.

Not for nothing is the current incumbent in Suffolk know as Tim Pisspoor.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The polling station, which is an old folks centre, is right across the road from my front door,

hc=NkHt58vCNfsQ7kNvgEvMgLb&_nc_ht=scontent.fman2-1.jpg

so no excuses about being too far away and even if it was too far away I'd still make the effort. It's the local council (Great Harwood in the borough of Hyndburn) elections for us, with only as far as I know two candidates standing. To be honest I only vote out of a sense of use it or lose it, but I do like the event of taking my mutt in, where the staff in there tend to make a fuss over him. I didn't register for the digital or whatever it is voting, so I must remember to take my blue parking badge in to prove my identity.

Last edited:
Top Bottom