Anyone voting yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
The simple answer is , yes I have voted. As far is I am concerned, if you don’t vote you should moan about any political decisions as you must be happy with the world as it is 😀

If you are a taxpayer you have every right to moan whether you voted or not.

The turnout here in Wales was 17%, which shows how much regard people have for the role of a PCC.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
If you are a taxpayer you have every right to moan whether you voted or not.

The turnout here in Wales was 17%, which shows how much regard people have for the role of a PCC.

We managed 23% in Suffolk. It's at times like this that, as per industrial action ballots (50% minimum response of eligible members), there should be a minimum turnout of votors for the result to be upheld.

classic33

Leg End Member
Result is so nailed on they don't start counting till 1pm round here been like that for a few years now.
PCC one use to be worse took days to even start counting as do the mayor ones.
Round here, West Yorkshire, the votes were verified at local level, split and the local elections counted today.
The West Yorkshire Mayor and PCC votes will be counted by each council, before the results are sent to Leeds for announcing the results.

Why Leeds when Wakefield is the historical administrative town for West Yorkshire I don't know.

Mike_P

Guru
Round here, West Yorkshire, the votes were verified at local level, split and the local elections counted today.
The West Yorkshire Mayor and PCC votes will be counted by each council, before the results are sent to Leeds for announcing the results.

Why Leeds when Wakefield is the historical administrative town for West Yorkshire I don't know.

Possibly venue availability. York & North Yorkshire Mayoral despite the national TV news coverage from Northallerton (the county town of N Yorks) was counted and victor declared at the Harrogate Conference Centre.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Being still of French nationality and having lived here for 53 years , I am allowed to vote at local election as a Council Tax payer but not national elections although I have been paying income tax for all of my working life !

Drago

Legendary Member
Being still of French nationality and having lived here for 53 years , I am allowed to vote at local election as a Council Tax payer but not national elections although I have been paying income tax for all of my working life !

There's an easy way to fix that if it's a problem for you - apply for UK citizenship.

I don't see the point in complaining when the solution is yours to choose as you do or don't see fit.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
There's an easy way to fix that if it's a problem for you - apply for UK citizenship.

I don't see the point in complaining when the solution is yours to choose as you do or don't see fit.

I wasn't complaining as I have no wish to be British. I always said " I was born as a French man and will die as one too. " I was just making a remark that the system is flawed and borders on discrimination.
To be fair, I should think it is probably the same way in many countries.

Top Bottom