Anyone voting yesterday?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I have to say that I was a bit pissed off that they got rid of Supplementary Vote and replaced it with FPTP. Mainly because putting Count Binface as my second vote was the only bit of the whole palaver that I was genuinely enthusiastic about.

vickster

Legendary Member
I wasn't complaining as I have no wish to be British. I always said " I was born as a French man and will die as one too. " I was just making a remark that the system is flawed and borders on discrimination.
To be fair, I should think it is probably the same way in many countries.

Including France it seems

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Londoners happy with cleaner air and slower cars. Who’d have thunked it.

The silly old rascists are all over social media claiming fix, postal votes to blame and much worse.

The silly old rascists are all over social media claiming fix, postal votes to blame and much worse.

Yup - the old "everyone - literally everyone voted for xxxxx - and yet yyyy got in"

everyone being defined as "everyone I asked down the boozer last night"

some people take it as a personal insult to come up with the concept that other people do not think like them

We only had to elect new police commissioner: No mayoral or local council places up for grabs.
I don't follow local politics at all, but do believe in doing my civic duty ( unless it's peeing down, which it wasn't this time) so Mrs Salad and I did a two mile round trip walk to vote.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
@annedonnelly, how did the counting go?

All good, periods of frenetic counting to get each box checked. Short breaks waiting for the next box to be opened. A slightly annoying party member having a loud conversation next to us making it difficult to keep count. Had to ask her to keep her voice down.

The boxes have to come in from all over Northumberland and it was mentioned at the start that the high tide meant that they couldn't get the box off Lindisfarne until after 1a.m. As it was it arrived before mid-night; they'd obviously got it over on the rising tide. Our team were done and dusted by 12.30 but there were others still counting when I left.

And my Brompton has added another venue to the places she's been allowed into - and did the usual trick of impressing people with the fold :laugh:

Top Bottom