Anyone want a T-shirt like Jeremy's?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Saddle bum said:
"Thank you for letting me use YOUR ROADS!!!!!!!!!!" I feel my pee boiling.,

Tell me where he is. I'll get in my car and give him some........... Then he will know how it feels.​
Agreed, that's a very dumb 'cycling' slogan.

Umm, I think you're missing the point of irony here....

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
Make him do the transam on a bike while the other two drive Ferrari support cars...that I'd pay to see...mostly to see the cars at 13mph for three months....no wait...it's Clarkson..make that 6 months.

I think him harmless, but am regularly surprised by the degree of opprobrium he attracts.

He is a self-appointed jester to his own court and appears to say all that he says to amuse himself as much as others.

I am a keen motorist, but no longer a fan of motoring on the telly. Nonetheless... The change that JC brought about in Top Gear was extraordinary. It went almost overnight from a dull-but-worthy whine about handbrake levers and clattery diesels to a show that managed to inform more, entertain more and leave you with a sense that they had a view on what they were discussing.

Before him there were bearded dullards talking from half a yard up their own fundaments and a couple of token women saying things like "If I were in the market now, this is certainly a model I'd think about".

I'd much rather hear someone say "I was going to tell you all about this car, but it's simply too dull. I can't be bothered".

He is a knowingly theatrical reactionary and bigot and (in small doses) it is all huge fun. Compare and contrast with the worthy and lovable C Balding (who made really crass remarks to a jockey about using his winnings to get his snaggly teeth fixed) and Euro-Dull Worthiness of Tedium J Inverdale being deeply unpleasant about Marion Bartoli...

Balding and Inverdale take themselves and their professionalism deeply seriously and present themselves as the complete sports-journo package... but cannot help letting some snide little bully-banter seep through. And they get away with it.

Clarkson wrote BUFFOON in large letters on his own forehead and still people take his deliberate offensiveness seriously.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Indeed. As with Boris Johnson, the whole buffoon thing is a carefully crafted creation tailored by a very sharp mind to a very specific end: in JC's case, the having of a lot of fun and the making of a lot of money. (Boris, of course, is concerned solely - and rather sinisterly - with power.) As for Top Gear, I always remember one of its executive producers saying something along the lines of 'Some people seem to have the rather odd notion that Top Gear is about cars. It isn't. It's about three middle-aged men arsing around like overexcited schoolboys. Which is why people enjoy it so much.'

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Umm, thingy, the floppy haired one, James May, is a Bromptonista. He puts it in the boot of his Bentley.

He took it to Italy on the train in a suitcase to try and steal a march on the other two - but then he got lost on the way to the bar, so Hammond (on foot) won. Clarkson in a car was last by some way.

motoxer913

I totally want to buy that as a jersey and ride with it...I love it! I think anyone who didn't actually watch the episode and is name calling on Jeremy should really watch it before opening their mouth. It was funny and I didn't find it at all offensive being a biker myself. In fact, it's true! There are a few idiots out there on road bikes that think they own the road and have special rights and it makes us all look bad. I want this shirt!!

Top Bottom