Anyone want some fresh respberris?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is that a quote from Harry Potter?
Not explicitly, as I've never read Harry Potter**. Is it?

My actual point was that dyslexia (which I suspect is the problem here) is not indicative of intelligence, just spelling skillz. BTW, I have reasonable to excellent spelling skills and definitely no dyslexia, so this is not personal. And I know how skills is spelt. Or spelled. Dealer's choice.

**I've never read HP because I'm too old. Which makes me miserable, now it's 20 years old.

Oxo

Guru
If you have never read Harry Potter how do you know you are too old?

KnackeredBike

I do my own stunts
I think all forms of spelling and punctuation mistakes that make it as far as signage should be punishable by death. If you are taking the bother to write something in big letters for many people to see at least check it beforehand and if you're not sure then ask a grown up. Errors in texts, emails or forum posts are fine. They are a completely different form.
Please tell that to the bastards who keep labelling stationary cupboards* and desk draws at work.

You should need a licence before you are allowed to use a laminator.

(* I'm aware of course the cupboard is also stationary, but still... death by stoning.)

Last edited:
If you have never read Harry Potter how do you know you are too old?

I think I can judge that I am not going to be interested in a book about a boy wizard without actually reading it. Oh, and I sat through the first movie, and found it tedious.
-----

Office spelling: years ago I worked somewhere (OK, it was Sky) and there was a sign on the microwave saying

"Cover your food before microwaving. It's a breading ground from germs"

Every time I saw that sign, I would ask myself questions. You cover the germs with bread crumbs and then what? Deep fry? We did work closely with a team in Livingston, Scotland, so was breaded germs a regional delicacy?

I'm pretty I know which manager wrote the sign. The same anal retentive who made a clear desk policy and banned rubbish bins in the work area.

Top Bottom