Anyone want some scaffolding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Thanks for the further replies.

Looks like a written request with notice period is the way forward.

Shame it's ending on a sour note.

The job went well up to this point.

I've seen enough horror stories in the courts to know what can go wrong with relatively major building work.

At least I got what I was promised for my few grand.

Many people don't.

D

Deleted member 26715

It's not your roofers fault as such, other than trying to cut corners & a few extra £'s

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
It's not your roofers fault as such, other than trying to cut corners & a few extra £'s

I agree.

Not sure there's any reason to think he tried to cut corners.

The scaffold erection was competently done.

I'm assuming the scaffolder has been paid, he seemed happy enough when he returned to dismantle the front.

classic33

Leg End Member
I agree.

Not sure there's any reason to think he tried to cut corners.

The scaffold erection was competently done.

I'm assuming the scaffolder has been paid, he seemed happy enough when he returned to dismantle the front.
Maybe he thought the front was all there was.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Removing scaffolding for the rear of a terrace is a hassle. The jobs been paid so there is no money in it for him.
He will collect it during a quiet period. He will always prioritise erecting rather than dismantling.

Drago

Legendary Member
Send him a letter or email requesting it be removed by X date or you'll start charging him £25 a day storage from that date forward. That might prompt him to come and collect his rubbish. It might not, but you're then no worse off.

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A resolution.

On my way out to buy a pint of milk I saw three scaffolders working on a nearby house.

I had a swift word with the foreman who put me on to his gaffer.

He grasped the situation, and said the lads would remove it provided there would be no comeback.

I commented that I didn't have anything other than his first name.

They finished 'throwing off' the scaffold at the job they were on, and were in my back lane within half an hour.

An hour later and the scaffolding was down and loaded on their wagon.

The foreman said it always takes a bit longer to take down somebody else's erection (@Fnaar) because each team erects in their own way.

While they were doing it, I checked when I paid for the roof, which was in early November.

Thus the scaffolding has been left for more than four months.

Time enough for me to fairly judge it's been abandoned.

Too late now anyway, what's gone is gone.

I gave the lads twenty quid because they couldn't have done a better or more timely job for me.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

Do you offer to hire or sell your own scaffold tower because you don't need it anymore? I am building my house now and I would want to buy one. I am thinking of hiring a scaffold tower or buying one. I think it would be better to buy one because maybe I will need it in the future. I am now searching on the internet for them but all of them are too small or too big. The main thing is that I don't know how safe it is to work on such a tower, I have heard a lot of stories about how workers fell from that tower, I don't know is that because the construction is not safe o because the builders weren't attentive.

Top Bottom