Anyone want some scaffolding?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
A resolution.

On my way out to buy a pint of milk I saw three scaffolders working on a nearby house.

I had a swift word with the foreman who put me on to his gaffer.

He grasped the situation, and said the lads would remove it provided there would be no comeback.

I commented that I didn't have anything other than his first name.

They finished 'throwing off' the scaffold at the job they were on, and were in my back lane within half an hour.

An hour later and the scaffolding was down and loaded on their wagon.

The foreman said it always takes a bit longer to take down somebody else's erection (@Fnaar) because each team erects in their own way.

While they were doing it, I checked when I paid for the roof, which was in early November.

Thus the scaffolding has been left for more than four months.

Time enough for me to fairly judge it's been abandoned.

Too late now anyway, what's gone is gone.

I gave the lads twenty quid because they couldn't have done a better or more timely job for me.

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?
Did you send the roofer a message thanking him for removing it?

Then when he comes back to you and says that they scaffolders haven't been round yet you can say, 'well it wasn't there when I got home just now.'

irw

Quadricyclist
Do you offer to hire or sell your own scaffold tower because you don't need it anymore?
He doesn't have the scaffolding any more, as per post 27. And it wasn't his to sell or hire anyway!

I am building my house now and I would want to buy one. I am thinking of hiring a scaffold tower or buying one. I think it would be better to buy one because maybe I will need it in the future. I am now searching on the internet for them but all of them are too small or too big.
There's a difference between the sort of scaffolding that @Pale Rider had up around his house, and a scaffold tower. Either way, scaffolding can be built to whatever size is required, and pretty much all 'scaffold towers' are made with modular sections, allowing anything from a few feet high to the maximum height specified by the manufacturer.
Scaffolding:
Screenshot-2019-08-04-at-14.46.16.png

Scaffold Tower:
scaffold_tower_1_1560_400x400.jpg

The main thing is that I don't know how safe it is to work on such a tower, I have heard a lot of stories about how workers fell from that tower, I don't know is that because the construction is not safe o because the builders weren't attentive.
Scaffold towers are very safe, when erected and used correctly. I would suggest that if you have no previous experience/qualification in the use of scaffold or towers, you would fall into the 'unsafe' category, and should 'get a man person in' instead ;)

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
He doesn't have the scaffolding any more, as per post 27. And it wasn't his to sell or hire anyway!

There's a difference between the sort of scaffolding that @Pale Rider had up around his house, and a scaffold tower. Either way, scaffolding can be built to whatever size is required, and pretty much all 'scaffold towers' are made with modular sections, allowing anything from a few feet high to the maximum height specified by the manufacturer.
Scaffolding:
View attachment 569375
Scaffold Tower:
View attachment 569376

Scaffold towers are very safe, when erected and used correctly. I would suggest that if you have no previous experience/qualification in the use of scaffold or towers, you would fall into the 'unsafe' category, and should 'get a man person in' instead ;)
Shipping to the US would be a bit much though.

postman

Legendary Member
So you have fallen for a scrap scam.😎.Three blokes knock on your door saying they have come for the scaffolding.They have the right looking lorry,so you let them have it,nothing wrong there.How were you to know.

Top Bottom