Anyone want to get in the papers (Glasgow)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi folks,

Some of you may remember that I was trying to get one of my local bus companies (First Glasgow) to take part in Padbeat's Give Cyclists Room campaign. Well at last it has all come to fruition and they will be doing a publicity shoot next week.

They have agreed to place stickers in the drivers cabs to remind them to give us room (I want them to put the stickers on the outside for other road users to see. I'll have to try and convince them when I meet them).

Anyway as part of the publicity (which should get into the local papers) they want me and a few other cyclists for the photocall to stand in front of a bus with some stickers, next to the exec director of First Glasgow. So I need a few other cyclists!!

It will probably be on Thursday 1st November, although I don't have a time yet, although it will be during the day. I've taken the day off work and I understand that most other folk will be working too, however, would anyone in Glasgow be willing to come along for a wee bit of publicity?

If your willing we could arrange things via PM and e-mail.

:evil:

sheddy

Legendary Member
ow about also popping in Camapign ?

OP
OP
M

magnatom

The time is now confirmed at 11am on the 1st of November. Is anyone in or near Glasgow free for a photocall that Thursday? I'd PM further details if you are interested.

gavintc

Guru
magnatom said:
The time is now confirmed at 11am on the 1st of November. Is anyone in or near Glasgow free for a photocall that Thursday? I'd PM further details if you are interested.

Sadly, I am in a meeting all morning or I would have interested.

To girofan, the weather is remarkably pleasant at present and on a day time ride at the weekend I was still in bib shorts. I am however, commuting in leg warmers. Perhaps, we are made of stronger stuff, but I could never see myself wearing an electric blanket gilet as the folk in Essex seem to desire.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

gavintc said:
Sadly, I am in a meeting all morning or I would have interested.

To girofan, the weather is remarkably pleasant at present and on a day time ride at the weekend I was still in bib shorts. I am however, commuting in leg warmers. Perhaps, we are made of stronger stuff, but I could never see myself wearing an electric blanket gilet as the folk in Essex seem to desire.

Thanks for the offer anyway girofan. Looks like I will be taking all the fame myself!xx(

Brock

Isn't there any local cycle clubs you could try Magnatom? I'm sure they'd be delighted to send some of their finer specimens for your cause.

Top Bottom