Anyone watching Channel 5? Road rage.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

boydj

Legendary Member
The thing that provoked the guy to get in Matt's face was Matts sarcastic "See ya!" as he rode off.

Take the bike and car out of the equation. If an 18 year old started mouthing off at a random stranger in the street the likely outcome would be the same.

In Transactional analysis terms, Matt's (Immature) Child Behaviour drew out a (Critical) Parent Behaviour response.
http://www.businessballs.com/transact.htm
Wrong! The guy overreacted from the minute he picked up on Matt's initial comment, which was not intended to be heard. This was exactly about a driver not liking his driving being criticized. The bike is irrelevant, but the car and the way it was driven, plus the fact that the guy thought he could bully a young lad, was exactly the cause of the incident.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The thing that provoked the guy to get in Matt's face was Matts sarcastic "See ya!" as he rode off.

Take the bike and car out of the equation. If an 18 year old started mouthing off at a random stranger in the street the likely outcome would be the same.

In Transactional analysis terms, Matt's (Immature) Child Behaviour drew out a (Critical) Parent Behaviour response.
http://www.businessballs.com/transact.htm

I've watched it again and it still looks the same to me! The cyclist made a comment in a passive tone of voice whether it be classed as sarcastic or not. The old fool was giving it the "Do i make myself understood"! and "I'll knock you out"! Is that acceptable? i don't think so! I would've loved to have seen the cyclist tell him where to get off thus provoking old fool to take a swing then see old fool on his backside but i don't think the cyclist was aggressive enough to do that. Maybe the next cyclist,pedestrian or other road user old fool confronts wont be as passive and sticks one on him(in self defence of course),we live in hope!

Last edited:

djb1971

Legendary Member
The problem is, Matt looks young and hasn't got a big build. He's an easy target for a bully, he argues too politely too^_^

I doubt that gobshite would try it on with some of the older and larger members on here, I'd have knocked him on his arse.

Top Bottom