Anyone Who Watched the Giro Yesterday Still Think Helmets Don't Do Their Job!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Ignore me.
What a conundrum, if I ignore you then I'm not ignoring you, but if I don't ignore you then I'm not ignoring you. My brain is fried, where's my helmet?

busman

Fair enough but a split down the middle helmet is more likely to be a failure that just broke, than one that genuinely absorbed significant amounts of energy. People frequently look at them and assume they saved their life when what they should be doing is asking the manufacturer why it failed.
Fair point @User I'm just glad I was wearing it. Wether it worked properly or not, imo it saved me from a more serious injury.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
is it time for "The Picture" yet?

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
A mate crashed out a few weeks back and his Kask helmet did just that. It compressed on the front right hand side. At first it seems like it hadn't touched the ground but was soon obvious it had when comparing left to right. His forehead hitting the ground, similarly to Pozzovivo but albeit a lot slower, would certainly have done damage where there was no damage evident from the accident.

Does anyone in this thread honestly think that Pozzovivo would have been better off not wearing his helmet yesterday? Similarly, does anyone actually think his head only hit the ground due to the increased size of the helmet over the size of his head?

These are the usual replies to topics of this nature...

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Does anyone in this thread honestly think that Pozzovivo would have been better off not wearing his helmet yesterday? Similarly, does anyone actually think his head only hit the ground due to the increased size of the helmet over the size of his head?

Would you answer this?

You endorse the wearing of safety helmets by competitive cyclists. And I think we are being invited to conclude that therefore all cyclists should wear helmets.

Do you endorse the wearing of safety helmets by Formula 1 drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom