Anyone wish they where at Glastonbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Since moving to Somerset I have discovered that the town would be lovely if it weren't for all the people in it.

The Tor is a great place to be if you can get up there without all the other tourists and their litter.

The festival fields are very pretty the rest of the year.

Does that answer the question?

Is Winifred Atwell playing?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I watched about 30 seconds of it last night and that was enough. Lots of noise and tuneless music. Can't call them songs as you can't hear the lyrics and what you can hear is very poorly written. Not for me thank you.

TVC

It's the bit where they get everyone to buy tickets before announcing the line up that annoys me. However it shows that people go just so they can post pictures of themselves being 'mad' on Facebook. I'm sure many don't really enjoy most of it.

Lullabelle

Banana
No, I know it is all about having fun but I like to know who is on before I book tickets. Why travel all that way and spend all that money for music you don't like :headshake:

I thought the idea of going to Glastonbury is to tell the younger generations that you rocked with the best. Similar to Woodstock. The mud, crowd the poor accoustics etc are all secondary.

Imagine the look on a class of schoolkids in farway Auckland when Charlie as part of show and tell, talks about his dad attending Glastonbury.

I mentioned Auckland when I found out that folks from downunder actually have this on their calendar.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
The only 'main-stager' I can remember from the two times I went is Tracey Chapman (first time I ever heard Fast Car). I never went for the headline acts. What I used to love was dipping in & out of the secondary stages and tents, where you could wander from African drums to brass bands, from heavyweight dub to a Mozart string quartet, from Javanese to Japanese to fire-in-a-pet-shop jazz over the course of an afternoon. That and the night-time vision of a whole valley dotted with flares fluttering in the breeze, like a medieval army in camp....

It's not about seeing whoever's on the pyramid stage; it's an experience, of which that is just one element - and far from the most important one at that. Personally I'd love to go again, and if the money hadn't got so crazy in recent years, I would, like a shot. (When I used to go back in the '80s, it wasn't cheap, but it was way way cheaper - in real terms - than it is now. As a flailing guesstimate, if ticket prices had kept pace with inflation rather than outstripped it massively, they'd probably be £100 now, rather than £300.)

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I went once in the early 90s when I was young and stupid, well maybe just stupid. There was some good stuff there; Black Crowes, Kinks and that...I think, the best band were a rockabilly outfit who were playing on one of the walkways. We went to Poshstock last year but only because our kid won the tickets and its 5 minutes away, Southside Johnny and the Asbury Dukes were playing which was a real treat. Apart from that, no.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
If I'm going to listen to loud rubbishy music I'd rather do so from the comfort of my sunny conservatory where I have in close proximity a nice bike, good food, a comfortable bed and a clean toilet (should the needs arise).
19012412890_573211b0b1_b.jpg

Top Bottom