Anyone wish they where at Glastonbury.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Several of today's lesser-known (to me) acts turned out to be pretty good, with grateful thanks to the Beeb for streaming most performances live. It occurred to me that actually being there would mean missing half of them.

So maybe I'll send the missus on her own next year.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
In answer to the OP, no.

Those crowds are my idea of hell.

That said, I can sit in my back garden and listen to the Leeds Festival when that's on, so I get the tunes without having to tolerate everything else that goes along with a festival. :rain:

Wyvern

In answer to the op, I was at Glastonbury this year, went yesterday for the day with the family, had a great time. I fully understand it's not for everyone tho. As a local we get the opportunity to buy a sunday only ticket which allows you to visit without a lot of the hassle of camping. The Pilton site is a favourite cycling route of mine that is up until 3 weeks ago. I came off the bike on one of the lanes at the back end of the site. Did the usual thing of sitting on the tarmac thinking what happened there ?, how's the bike ?, ran my fingers along my collar bone to find a big hard lumpy bit sticking up where it shouldn't ...and then it hurt. I wandered up to the nearest house, and the family there took care of me and got me to hospital. A few days later I returned to pick up my bike and thank them.. it turns out the family run the poshest glam-camping company ever. So if you want to do "Glasto" in luxury go with Camp Kerala, 4-poster beds with ensuite facilities. Just don't look at the prices. Me?..yep a nasty break but was gingerly back on the bike after 10 days, avoiding potholes and newly gravelled lanes. Rock'nRoll !

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Just back from Womud...

Womud.jpg

...and in case you're wondering, it was great! (I know you're not, but I like the pic!)

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
Just back from Womud...

View attachment 97833

...and in case you're wondering, it was great! (I know you're not, but I like the pic!)
Some friends took their kids for the weekend and posted a fantastic video of the little boy playing in the mud. I think he'll be extremely disappointed if it doesn't rain next time.

Top Bottom