Anyone with "EE" mobile?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I work for them as tech support. Anything is an improvement on orange*COUGH*
EE is good as unlike most they cap your useage so you can't go over your plan and gain extra charges
The only company which has 4g outside of London and maybe 2 other places. I think O2 is next with 15 compared to EE 140+ cities. With that most have been upgraded to double 4g which is around 30-40% faster depending on location. However it's only data. intro of txt and calls on 4g has not come to the uk on any network.
All plans have unlimited txt and mins. Difference in tariff is data.
Can't think of much else really.
Although I would never leave t-moblie my self

Why wouldnt you leave t-mobile ?

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Why wouldnt you leave t-mobile ?
Overall it came down to the plan and EE couldn't offer unlimited data. Whereas tmoblie did with no fairuse policy.

Bobby Mhor

Wasn't born to follow
I work for them as tech support. Anything is an improvement on orange*COUGH*
EE is good as unlike most they cap your useage so you can't go over your plan and gain extra charges
The only company which has 4g outside of London and maybe 2 other places. I think O2 is next with 15 compared to EE 140+ cities. With that most have been upgraded to double 4g which is around 30-40% faster depending on location. However it's only data. intro of txt and calls on 4g has not come to the uk on any network.
All plans have unlimited txt and mins. Difference in tariff is data.
Can't think of much else really.
Although I would never leave t-moblie my self
F&F carries across with 40% off:thumbsup:

phil_hg_uk

Overall it came down to the plan and EE couldn't offer unlimited data. Whereas tmoblie did with no fairuse policy.

Yes that's the conclusion I came to as well.

I am on the Full Monty, the one before they removed tethering. My contract is up in May and I am thinking of getting either a Moto X or Nexus 5 Sim Free and going to a SIM only 30 day contract I am not really bothered about 4G but I am waiting to see what the S5 is like when that comes out before I make my mind up.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Yes that's the conclusion I came to as well.

I am on the Full Monty, the one before they removed tethering. My contract is up in May and I am thinking of getting either a Moto X or Nexus 5 Sim Free and going to a SIM only 30 day contract I am not really bothered about 4G but I am waiting to see what the S5 is like when that comes out before I make my mind up.
I'm on the full montey too. My tethering is unreal. 15Gb+ month data useage lol
Maybe I'm the sole reason they removed it

phil_hg_uk

I'm on the full montey too. My tethering is unreal. 15Gb+ month data useage lol
Maybe I'm the sole reason they removed it

Yes I sometimes like to watch TV on mine .................... coz I can :giggle:

EE keep sending me offers at the moment for the S4 trying to get me to upgrade early but I dont see the point as I already have S3.

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Yes I sometimes like to watch TV on mine .................... coz I can :giggle:

EE keep sending me offers at the moment for the S4 trying to get me to upgrade early but I dont see the point as I already have S3.
Put the S3 onto a cheap sim only and give it to one of the kids , the wife or something. Win some brownie points with the family Or sell it

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
Been on Orange myself since 1999, but given the never-ending issues I've had after moving my daughter back onto EE/Orange from the excellent GiffGaff I certainly wouldn't choose EE/Orange now if I was coming in as a new customer. Latest issue is that my daughter's Orange account suddenly won't let her log in. It's decided that her mobile number isn't valid. I see many people on EE/Orange are having the same problem, but having no joy in getting EE/Orange to sort it out. She can't check her plan usage or top up and the like any more.

I've spent hours and large sums being held in queues over the last 4 months trying to get various issues sorted out - it's been the biggest pain in the backside and I really wouldn't wish the experience on anyone else.

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
My iPad is on EE. 4G coverage in London is good (with the occasional odd gap, like Liverpool Street, but there is free wifi there). The website is awful if you opt for PAYG so renewing each month is a pain, but otherwise it works well.

Radchenister

Veteran
I'm EE on 4G for about 6 months; well, I should be but it doesn't work often - hyped up and generally disappointing IMO ... to qualify this, I'm now a bumpkin, ex city dweller, it might work well in Brizle but unfortunately not out here in no man's land.

Top Bottom