anyway to lookup a reg?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
almost got flattened at a junction earlier, i was in primary slowing for a red light when some dozy bint overtakes within a hairs breadth then slams on, then of all things turns left...
i'd like to look up the reg online if poss, is there a way to do this?
only other thing i know about the car was it was a hatchback and blue looked like a mpv type.
pete

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
There are places you can enter a numberplate and got some information back about the car. So if you know parts of the plate you can sometimes get the rest by trial and error.

However you can't just get all numberplates for vehicles which are X type and Y colour.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Gaz is right. If you enter the start of the numberplate into Google, a list of all numberplates with that start will come up (all the registered ones). You could then find the numberplate that way.
The reverse of what you are trying to do can be done viq the askMID website. If you enter the numberplate there, it will usually show some basic information about the car.

Sorry, nothing exactly what you want can be done.

NotthatJasonKenny

Faster on HFLC
almost got flattened at a junction earlier, i was in primary slowing for a red light when some dozy bint overtakes within a hairs breadth then slams on, then of all things turns left...
i'd like to look up the reg online if poss, is there a way to do this?
only other thing i know about the car was it was a hatchback and blue looked like a mpv type.
pete

You actually kinda can, you can ask the DVLA for the registered keeper but you have to have a valid reason. We used to park outside Volvo garages and get reg numbers then offer them a deal on estate cars, it used to cost £5 but we had to give another reason for it! Can't remember what though! Doubt you will be able to give a valid reason as a member of the public tho!

classic33

Leg End Member
You actually kinda can, you can ask the DVLA for the registered keeper but you have to have a valid reason. We used to park outside Volvo garages and get reg numbers then offer them a deal on estate cars, it used to cost £5 but we had to give another reason for it! Can't remember what though! Doubt you will be able to give a valid reason as a member of the public tho!

Well if its reported to the police that would be reason enough for th DVLA to supply the details.
You can also say that you are taking private action against the driver. Another valid reason.

OP
OP
Melonfish

Melonfish

Evil Genius in training.
Excellent, cheers guys. another reason i'd like a cam, incidents are thankfully quite rare but my memory is crap so i was honestly lucky to remember to get the plate!
pete

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
DVLA Vehicle enquiry. Also put the plate into askmid(will tell you make and modle along with if its insured)

Top Bottom