AOL mail hacked?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've just tried logging in to AOL mail and it has suggested in bad English that I need to enter new details including credit card number and ATM pin number!!!:biggrin:

I think a story is brewing!

potsy

Rambler
magnatom said:
I've just tried logging in to AOL mail and it has suggested in bad English that I need to enter new details including credit card number and ATM pin number!!!:biggrin:

I think a story is brewing!
Might be coincidence but I couldn't access hotmail for about 1/2 hour earlier this evening,had no trouble with it before.

Norm

Jeez, asking for your ATM pin even. Pretty frecking blatantly wrong for anyone with an IQ into double figures but I get they still get some idiot.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Aye AOL is working again now. They seem to have sorted it, although I'm now concerned about my e-mail security!:sad:

bauldbairn

I got a scam e-mail from a mates hotmail account in terrible English last week asking me to log onto a website for bargain purchases.

It's the second of this type from his account in as many months. :sad:

Coco

Looks like a virus Magna:

http://www.facebook.com/aolmail

AOL Mail Beware: There is a virus out there which will cause requests to webmail.aol.com to redirect to a fake AOL Login page which will ask for credit card and PIN details. DO NOT ENTER your information. Instead make sure you have a recent version of a good anti virus software running and scan your PC. Ideally erase and re-install your PC after saving your documents.
Yesterday at 10:03am
Lots of references going back to 2007 on google. Better have a quick scan of your PC.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

That could well be the problem. Obviously my avast virus checker has missed it. I'll run a full scan tonight.

Ta!

Top Bottom