Is this Royal Mail Twitter account legitimate?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
Hello, I'm trying to get some help from Royal Mail but I'm going round in circles. I've asked for help via Twitter and received a reply from Royal Mail @royal81040. I'm not convinced this is a genuine RM Twitter account because they seem to send an identical message to many, many enquiries, and the account was set up in March 2024.
Any wisdom for me?

AndyRM

XOXO
There's no way that's legit.

Their official Twitter is @RoyalMailHelp (for customer service).

It's @RoyalMail for news and other stuff.

OP
OP
PedalCat

PedalCat

I like sandwiches
Well thank you. I've probably Tweeted fewer than 30 times so am really not very experienced with Twitter; navigating it seems counterintuitive. My enquiry was to the proper account but this other one replied. I've downloaded their app just to specify a safeplace and..... the app won't work.

AndyRM

XOXO
Well thank you. I've probably Tweeted fewer than 30 times so am really not very experienced with Twitter; navigating it seems counterintuitive. My enquiry was to the proper account but this other one replied. I've downloaded their app just to specify a safeplace and..... the app won't work.

Ignore the other one, you'll get nowhere with it and it's looking to get details out of you.

Their app isn't great. Might be worth calling your local delivery depot if you're needing to arrange a re-delivery?

AndyRM

XOXO
Ok, thanks

No problem. There seem to be a few Royal Mail based scams doing the rounds. I've had several texts saying "We weren't able to deliver your parcel, please follow *insert sketchy looking link* to arrange re-delivery."

I'm skint so I know I've ordered nowt so it's pretty easily avoided, but as with all scams they're just plausible enough looking to be believed.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
No problem. There seem to be a few Royal Mail based scams doing the rounds.
It's by no means confined to Royal Mail. Most large, consumer-facing organisations suffer from fake Twitter/X accounts claiming to represent the company in question.

Make a complaint about any airline on X and you are almost certain to get a response from one of them.

T4tomo

Legendary Member

I wouldn't bother, they normally just throw stuff in the nearest wheelie bin regardless of what you specify!

Top Bottom