Apidura

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

Great service from these guys. Ordered a bag yesterday at about 3pm. Had an email back from them in less than half an hour with the shipping details. SMS last night at 6pm from FedEx to confirm they'd got the package and another SMS this morning to let me know it will be delivered today.

https://www.apidura.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
U

User169

Delivered at 11am!

Reactions: mjr
OP
OP
U

User169

What did you get and I presume it's for the Mason?

Top tube pack. Good for keeping a few bits and pieces in that can be easily accessed - should fit the Mason and my other bike. 600km audax in August - trying to get my storage options together.

hoopdriver

Guru
They look quite nice for audax/lightweight touring.

I noticed on the photos of the bar bag, the handlebar drops and brake handles were very sharply angled outwards. From the photos it looked like they needed to be to accommodate the bag. I was wondering if one had to have that kind of handlebar/brake arrangement to use their bar bags?

OP
OP
U

User169

They look quite nice for audax/lightweight touring.

I noticed on the photos of the bar bag, the handlebar drops and brake handles were very sharply angled outwards. From the photos it looked like they needed to be to accommodate the bag. I was wondering if one had to have that kind of handlebar/brake arrangement to use their bar bags?

I've got one of the bar bags and it does tend to interfere with the brake levers, although you can roll it up to be shorter. Flared bars do help. Not entirely sure I would get one again.

hoopdriver

Guru
I've got one of the bar bags and it does tend to interfere with the brake levers, although you can roll it up to be shorter. Flared bars do help. Not entirely sure I would get one again.
Thanks. I was wondering about that. I liked the idea of them, but wanted to ask someone who actually had tried one of the bags.

Yes I had the chance to examine one in a shop the other day, not Apidura and though this one sat beneath the hoods it would still require some tidying up of cables. I think the frame pack, head tube packs and seat packs look the most usable. I do wonder if my pigeon toed feet would make my knees rub on the frame pack though.

OP
OP
U

User169

Yes I had the chance to examine one in a shop the other day, not Apidura and though this one sat beneath the hoods it would still require some tidying up of cables. I think the frame pack, head tube packs and seat packs look the most usable. I do wonder if my pigeon toed feet would make my knees rub on the frame pack though.

Those are my thoughts too.

I really like the seat pack. I did wonder if it was going to flop around, but I've ridden it over very rough terrain and not noticed it moving at all.

A friend has lent me one of the frame packs and I'm going to try it out this weekend.

OP
OP
U

User169

For credit card touring, yes! If you want to take a tent and sleeping bag, I'd get a large and a bar bag.

Top Bottom