1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apidura

Discussion in 'Shopping, Services, Offers and Reviews' started by DP, 23 Jun 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    DP

DP Chasse patate

Audax set up. Hmm - I can see getting water bottles in and out may be problematic.

IMG_1350.JPG

Blue Hills likes this.
  2. Milkfloat

Milkfloat Veteran

Looks like you need side entry cages.

DP likes this.
  3. hoopdriver

hoopdriver Über Member

Or just pull over to drink

4. OP
    OP
    DP

DP Chasse patate

Just coming back to this. The frame bag essentially makes the bottles impossible to access without stopping and even then it's a pain. Thanks for mentioning side loading bottles as I didn't know such a thing existed. I now have a pair!

Milkfloat likes this.
  5. I have the Apidura frame bag and have no problem getting to the front bidon but have had to use a smaller bidon on the down tube. If you have not found out yet, these bags are not waterPROOF. So if you are putting anything electrical in them, use a plastic bag. They make 2 types of seat packs. One is water resistant and the other one is waterproof, so get the right one.

I found the seat pack a pain to get into and so I am now using a Bridge Street Saddle bag. It has been on the back for over 1000km and I dont know its there and is totally waterproof. Its far easier to find my gear than the Apidura and has more space. The Apidura swayed about a bit unless you fastened it on very tightly and then you restricted the loading space. I much prefer the Bridge Street bag.

http://bridgestreet.cc/

6. I'd be interested in experiences/opinions on frame bags. The best aspect of my rack bag is that if I want something, I can lift the lid up on the rack bag and rummage around until I can find it. Nothing is terribly buried. That's why I don't like under-seat wedges, because the thing you want will probably necessitate unpacking and digging down through layers of stuff. So, for instance, last weekend I needed my emergency back-up light. Quick rummage and it was in my hand. But if I'd had a seat pack I'd probably have had to unpack everything to find it.

The frame bag seems to be a half way between the two. Not thin and deep like a seat wedge, but not really as accessible as a rack bag. How does it work out in practice?