Aplologising

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Out for a late lunch,and just ordered a couple of drinks

Bar person asks for £5.37

Look in wallet and don't have change so hand over £20 pound note.... and apologise for not having change

WHY..........?

I have no responsibility to pay the exact money

What have you apologised fir when there's absolutely no reason to do so?

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm sorry but I can't think of any examples right now ;)

Please apologise for your subject. I won't call it a spelling error, it's worse than that.
--
I went out to lunch with a friend in Melbourne, where coffee is king. She apologised to the barista because she wanted her latte hot. Apparently she'd been previously subject to sarcasm and/or abuse for wanting her coffee at a higher temperature than usual.

Previously she'd apologised repeatedly to me for not being able to come to my place with lunch for me as I had requested. Poor lady, withholding father and then just a few years later an abusive husband has left her self esteem in tatters.

Drago

Legendary Member
Horse walks into a bar, orders a pint of beer.

Barman thinks 'hey ho, a horse doesn't know how much beer costs' and charges him £20 for the pint.

After a while the barman gets curious and says 'don't see many horses in here.'

'I'm not surprised with the price of your beer' replies the horse.

Oh, on the other side of things ... I went to a charity shop to hand donate some things. From my point of view, the shop is doing me a favour - it feels so much better to give things for reuse than put them in landfill. Anyway, as I handed a box to a worker there, who I assume was a volunteer, I realised that I hadn't said thank you, so I did. "THANK YOU", I said loudly to his retreating form. He responded with "Thank you" and I realised - he didn't think I was thanking him, he thought I was chiding him for not thanking me. By then he was out of reach in the back part of the store, and I was just a bitchy middle class woman who was demanding a stranger thank her for shoot she couldn't sell and didn't want.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
I've been known to say sorry when it's not my fault like if someone bumps into me :laugh:

Me too. Sorry about that. :laugh:

U

User482

Out for a late lunch,and just ordered a couple of drinks

Bar person asks for £5.37

Look in wallet and don't have change so hand over £20 pound note.... and apologise for not having change

WHY..........?

I have no responsibility to pay the exact money

What have you apologised fir when there's absolutely no reason to do so?

The bar person has no obligation to serve you the drinks, either.

Top Bottom