Apollo Strife........anyone?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martyp

Purchased an Apollo Strife today from an english gent who was selling his holiday home here in Ireland.

The bike is immaculate........(will post a pic)....used maybe once or twice and dry stored.

I know the Apollo brand is a cheapie Halfords job , but for 70 euro ..what the heck...

Anyone got one of these, or heard of them?

I am assuming it is a steel frame as there is a slight scrape with rust showing thru......and aluminium doesnt rust.....i think!

Any info appreciated.:smile:

Well a comment in another forum about bikes wot I have owned says 2002 and terrible. Should have knocked them down as I doubt they'd go to the effort of taking a bike home that had been gathering dust for years

OP
OP
M

martyp

Tried haggling with him Ian....old bugger would not budge.

Pub bike it is so Battered.....hic!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The bike probably didn't cost much more brand new.

My wife has a nice 15 year old Apollo cheapie - probably £120 new then... and it does the job for her use - a few weekends a year when we potter with the kids.

Ohh 'Strife' is the actual model. I thought you were having trouble (strife) with your Apollo!

dav1d

fossyant said:
The bike probably didn't cost much more brand new.

My wife has a nice 15 year old Apollo cheapie - probably £120 new then... and it does the job for her use - a few weekends a year when we potter with the kids.

I bought an old Apollo off eBay for a tenner, on 29th November 2009, never bothered changing the tyres despite it being stored in a garage for years, and used it everyday since until recently when I got my tourer (ok it's not that long ago but got my moneys worth out of it anyway! lol), including some long rides. It's now still being used albeit once or twice a week - my brother uses it and we go on bike rides. It's still working, the brakes squeek though, but haven't managed to stop that. Even came with an old double pannier bag. Not the best looking bike, but it works and that''s the main thing!;)

Top Bottom