Apologies for another 100 up thread but

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chrisc

Guru
Me and a mate rode to York and back today in this hellish wind supplemented by occasional downpours to get our first 100 mile ride done. 103 all told in just over 6 hours. Wind really picked up on the way back, and blew in our faces all the way. I might have a beer later!

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Congratulations Chris ,and 6hrs is a time i can only dream about. You deserve a beer or three.

Dfinitely something magical seeing 100 come up on the computer distance.

OP
OP
Chrisc

Chrisc

Guru
Congratulations Chris ,and 6hrs is a time i can only dream about. You deserve a beer or three.

Dfinitely something magical seeing 100 come up on the computer distance.

Cheers! 6 hours 14 it was when I checked the cateye. Not bad with a 50 mile return into an ever increasing blow. If only it'd done that on the outward leg!
Now having a beer, and another and....oh go on then.... :biggrin:

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Congratulations . It always feels good to get a new best
bravo.gif

I've just picked off 75 miles for the first time today, so hopefully I'll be up for the century soon.

As for the wind, why does it always seem to be in your face whatever direction you ride in?
wacko.gif

OP
OP
Chrisc

Chrisc

Guru
bravo.gif

I've just picked off 75 miles for the first time today, so hopefully I'll be up for the century soon.

As for the wind, why does it always seem to be in your face whatever direction you ride in?
wacko.gif

Congrats yerself then! Yep, feels great. Long since realised that you can't win with then wind. Tis a royal pain in the a**e! :whistle:

bravo.gif

wacko.gif

Yea thats true I used to cut down tree's and the second the tree started to go you could bet your life the wind would start to gust and blow it back

toekneep

No reason to apologise at all. It's a very special achievement and you should be rightly chuffed about it. Very good time too, I was just glad to do the distance the first time irrespective of the time.

OP
OP
Chrisc

Chrisc

Guru
Cheers all!

Top Bottom