Apologies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raymondo60

A life behind bars
I once passed another roadie without waving or acknowledging them in any way.

It's been tough living with it.....

gbb

Legendary Member
While I dont know what he's apologising for, is it just me who feels, why the need to apologise ?. We have all done stuff, said stuff, thought stuff we cringe at with the hindsight of a few decades, sometimes less.
I know i do but I recognise it, accept it and in due course, hopefully have become a slightly better human being.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Actually, it should be U2 apologising for Bono. If it hadn't been for that arrogant nobber I might have been able to bring myself to like some of their music (political nonsense apart). But he would never be able to see that. Complete and utter nobber of the first degree; possibly my top nobber of all time!
TBH they were good in the 80's

View: https://youtu.be/CMVghDg-ePc

i bought this LP back in 84/85 and still play it

Milzy

Guru
Inspired by Bono , who has just apologised for U2, I think we can all address the various dark deeds that lurk unapologised.
I, for one, would like to apologise for hoeing up a line of leuttice seedlings in the mistaken idea that they were weeds.
Feel free to unburden yourself here...
If he is been serious then I respect him. I’ve always hated U2. The edge is a brilliant guitarist though. Steve Right banging on about how good they are well he’s wrong.

Reactions: gbb

gbb

Legendary Member
If he is been serious then I respect him. I’ve always hated U2. The edge is a brilliant guitarist though. Steve Right banging on about how good they are well he’s wrong.
Steve Wright is the sycophants sycophant. Anyone he talks to / about becomes a fawn fest.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
TBH they were good in the 80's

View: https://youtu.be/CMVghDg-ePc

i bought this LP back in 84/85 and still play it

I saw them live in '81 and '83 and I still rank those as amongst the best gigs I've been too. Despite what an arse he became back then he was mesmerising on stage.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
I saw them live in '81 and '83 and I still rank those as amongst the best gigs I've been too. Despite what an arse he became back then he was mesmerising on stage.
What do you mean 'became'?
Here's a post from the past:
Glad to see a few mentions for U2.
I know someone who was in a punk band many years ago and they encountered U2 when they were unknowns and had occasion to, as he put it, 'sort them out'. You will be pleased to hear that at least fame hasn't changed Bono, he was a gobby egotistical twat full of his own self-importance then too, although as someone said elsewhere in this thread he has added sanctimony to his attributes since.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
As we apologise, there are known apologies; there are apologies where we know we apologised . We also know there are non apologies; that is to say we know there are some things we haven’t apologised for . But there are also unknown apologies — the apologies we don’t know we haven‘t made.”

Top Bottom