"Apology" from the Cardinal bloke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brains

Legendary Member
I think it's brilliant the man voted Gay Bigot of the year 2012, has been forced out of the closet.
So that everyone knows he is a genuine (insert gay derogatory term here) perhaps he will do his Christian duty and start actually helping the situation. perhaps officiating over a gay wedding might be a start.

TVC

I'm sure God will punish him. Except there is no God, perhaps someone should talk to the Police instead.

I'm sure God will punish him. Except there is no God, perhaps someone should talk to the Police instead.

I agree. Just because it appears it is behind the doors of a church does not mean it should be left to be sorted out (or ignored there). This does raise the question that if there are very senior members of the church indulging in all sorts behind closed doors, can we in any way trust these same people to have investigated the widespread child abuse? Instinct would tell us that someone with a secret to hide will not dig deep if at all when looking into such matters.

Davidc

Guru
Another Catholic priest abusing his position to obtain his sexual gratification. Oh I'm so surprised.

It's certainly not a shock to anyone anymore. Even a good friend who's a diehard lifelong catholic said to me that the moment the allegations were made he'd expected the man to be guilty as he doesn't trust any of his church's priests any longer.

Sara_H

Guru
I think it's brilliant the man voted Gay Bigot of the year 2012, has been forced out of the closet.
So that everyone knows he is a genuine (insert gay derogatory term here) perhaps he will do his Christian duty and start actually helping the situation. perhaps officiating over a gay wedding might be a start.
I was just explaining to my son that catholic priests and nuns cant get married because the believe they're married to god.
"does that mean all the priests are gay then? Cos God's a man." Oh how I LOL'd!

Davidc

Guru
I was just explaining to my son that catholic priests and nuns cant get married because the believe they're married to god.
"does that mean all the priests are gay then? Cos God's a man." Oh how I LOL'd!
So them being against gay marriage is interesting!

perplexed

Guru
I'm like that with most of my own material!

I didn't know you were a man of the cloth...

Top Bottom