App recommendations, esp star maps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've just bought my first smartphone (HTC), so I'm in the market for apps. Well, when I say in the market, I prefer free stuff!

I'd especially like one of the planetarium apps, where you point your phone at the sky and it tells you what's what. Any particular recommendations from among the free ones?

And any others I should/must have? Is it worth buying tapatalk for the forum (I reckon most of my internet use will be browsing here!)

Manguish

Blackmart alpha.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Google sky map is indeed good, it's the one I use.
I've not bothered with tapatalk, it's the touchscreen that's the issue with posting from the mobile.
Flightradar is also good.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
Flightradar is great, paid app though isn't it? Well, if you want to see anything interesting it is I think.

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
I've gone for Google Sky Map, just need a clear night to play with it... Thanks all.

I have to try not to go App-mad!

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
You might find Catch Notes a useful app - note-taking (written, photos and audio). I use it all the time for shopping lists, to-do lists, recording my Turbo session stats etc. Genuinely useful!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've gone for Google Sky Map, just need a clear night to play with it... Thanks all.

I have to try not to go App-mad!
You don't need a clear sky ... even works in the day time (you just can't see the stars)...I often point it at the ground to see what they might be seeing in Australia (yes I know ....I'm mad:laugh: ).

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
You don't need a clear sky ... even works in the day time (you just can't see the stars)...I often point it at the ground to see what they might be seeing in Australia (yes I know ....I'm mad:laugh: ).

Oh yeah, I've done that!

I meant I'm just waiting for a night when I'm actually out and think "Oh, what's that?" and then I can check!

Top Bottom