Appeasing the p******e fairy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Wightdragon

Wightdragon

Thanks for all the advice. Unfortunately I do those things and still I am cursed!

The hens will have to look sharp tomorrow if one of them is not to be sacrificed.

festival

Über Member
Having had four p*******s in three days is there any way to appease this malevolent fairy?

The Celts were all for sacrifice to appease the River gods so perhaps that is the way to go; maybe I should sacrifice a hen before I ride!!!!!

OK lets go through a process of elimination.
Nothing left in the tyre? check inside and out.
Tyre in good condition?
Nothing in the rim or rim damaged?
Rim tape OK?
Not pinching the tube when fitting?
Tyre seated on the rim correctly & not lifting off?
Its not that rare to hear someone with your problem, or worse.
Generally its due to one of the above, unless you are riding in an area were the hedge row have been cut and sharp thorns have been left everywhere or something similar.
Of course it could be just bad luck in which case you will have used up enough bad luck for months to come.

festival

Über Member
Having had four p*******s in three days is there any way to appease this malevolent fairy?

The Celts were all for sacrifice to appease the River gods so perhaps that is the way to go; maybe I should sacrifice a hen before I ride!!!!!

I assume your not bumping up & down curbs?

JonnyBlade

Live to Ride
slime inner tubes have worked for me so far. 4 punctures in the back tyre and not a replacement to be made. It heals itself. Quality
biggrin.gif

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
Fitting clipless pedals means that no-one else is going to borrow my bikes. The last few, ahem, air leakage situations, has been down to someone using my bikes and not being as careful with as their owner :becool: .

edindave

Über Member
I'm no expert but I bought my cycle to work bike 21 May 2010... came with maxxis detonators... puncture after 7 miles...

Fitted Schwalbe Marathon Plus - 1960 miles later - ZERO punctures...

OP
OP
Wightdragon

Wightdragon

I think the culprit is some nice shiny new Flint. We are in the middle of the cauliflower harvest here, which is a big deal on the Isle of Wight, and there is a huge amount of soil being deposited kn the road. No drama today and coincidentally avoided the harvesting areas.

Either that or the hen sacrifice worked.

Agree on the schwalbes which I have on my hybrid.Would be a bit heavy on my French road filly.

Thanks for all the other advice.

Top Bottom