Applying tomato feed when planting a rose.....question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pawl

Legendary Member
I put put horse do do on my rhubarb.Now I wait for the standard response

Chicken pellets are good plant food.Any animal manure you may collect needs time to mature .Fresh manure can do more harm than good due to it heating as it rots.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
I’m also led to believe that the ethyl given off by fresh stuff inhibits seed propagation and new root development.

Cuchilo

Prize winning member X2
No chemicals feed around new planted anything . Those feeder roots need to get out there and send the moisture up the plant .
Organic feed is best until its established and then chemical bomb it if you want too .

Globalti

Legendary Member
Brings back to mind one time I was working in the north east and staying the night in a very classy private hotel. Went for a stroll on the beach and there was dog muck everywhere.
Back at the bar I was talking to an equally classy lady in a fur coat.....I mentioned that problem. In came the manager who asked what we were talking about.
The posh lady in the fur coat very loudly said........."he is talking about all the dog sh*t on the beach".

I had worse.... was in Ghana and I decided to take a walk along the stunning Atlantic beach. About a mile down was a fishing village with boats pulled up. As I approached I could see people squatting on the beach staring out to sea... thought no more of it until I suddenly realised I had stumbled into a minefield, the village toilet area and not all of it in the inter-tidal zone. You've seen the Bristol Stool Chart? Well this was it in all its glory, every variation laid out for me to navigate carefully around. Not an experience you forget easily.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I had worse.... was in Ghana and I decided to take a walk along the stunning Atlantic beach. About a mile down was a fishing village with boats pulled up. As I approached I could see people squatting on the beach staring out to sea... thought no more of it until I suddenly realised I had stumbled into a minefield, the village toilet area and not all of it in the inter-tidal zone. You've seen the Bristol Stool Chart? Well this was it in all its glory, every variation laid out for me to navigate carefully around. Not an experience you forget easily.
I "liked" that but only cos there is no EUGHH button

classic33

Leg End Member
images-7-1.jpg

Top Bottom