Apps: What's hot and what's not???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Noodle Legs

Noodle Legs

Winging it
I'd recommend cyclemeter it's well worth the money, has never crashed, never lost my data and has always been reliable, even when out of network signal range. I use it to log the ride, it also shows you how you're doing compared to your previous rides of the same routes, gives you voice updated every so often(1km on my setup), and automatically updates email, and dailymile, and I can feed the route to strava also, which I just started using today and am going to get v. Hooked on! From the email update from cyclemeter you can analyse youre route in google maps, or use something like strava to give you more if you don't want to view on the iPhone itself. Also hooks up to ant+ devices if you buy a dongle thingie. Been using cyclemeter for nearly a year.

Yeah I've been on it for nearly a week now and it seems really good- I even like the average speed breakdown for each mile as opposed to just the overall ride......it analyses far better than iMapMyRide. Strava I may just try so I can make a fair judgement on it, but having read some reviews its not selling itself to me very well!

Mapster5

One problem I have is that mapmyride and strava hammer your battery life would be good if there was one that conserved it

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Cyclemeter seems ok on the battery, I did a 50 mile ride the other day and it didn't use more than about 30% of the iPhone, I do have the screen off most of the time though and just listen out on the 1km intervals for the voice prompts.

Lpoolck

Veteran
I found map my ride app kept crashing and losing part/all of my ride. Tried endomondo and never let me down yet. Voice updates of the pace of each mile are useful and the pause feature on pro works well. The online features give very good analysis and it compares it with your previous rides to better yourself and show your improvement over time. I don't see any point trying any others at the minute even though I have downloaded them and checked them out.

Grayduff

Über Member
Can any help me out :sad: How do i get the info from cyclemeter onto the strava website ???

Cheers

RussellZero

Wannabe Stravati
Go to history, find the route you want to upload, then find the ride you did on that route. Scroll down you will see an option to email/export. Click on that, set the to address as upload@strava.com. Set the from address to be the address you registered with strava, then select the file to attach as the gpx file attachment (not link). Hit done and it will go and add it for you within a few mins, you should get an email from strava saying its working also.

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
I went through various different ones trying them out being a bit of a geek :addict:

The main one I use is still Sportypal, with 900 runs/rides over 3 years I cant really bring myself to stop using it. I find it has the most useful web interface for geeky analysing of results, manual segments, customisable results charts etc and it works accross platform including java. Its fallen a bit behind now and development seems slow despite them having ideas for strava segments, ghost riders and such years ago. I run Strava alongside it, but mostly just use Strava for the competitive aspect, I dont always bother to upload rides if i know theyll be really slow.

Id recommend Endomondo to anyone looking for a sportstracker app though, seems very popular and a decent allrounder.

Grayduff

Über Member
Go to history, find the route you want to upload, then find the ride you did on that route. Scroll down you will see an option to email/export. Click on that, set the to address as upload@strava.com. Set the from address to be the address you registered with strava, then select the file to attach as the gpx file attachment (not link). Hit done and it will go and add it for you within a few mins, you should get an email from strava saying its working also.

Thank you my friend, will have a go..

Lpoolck

Veteran
I went through various different ones trying them out being a bit of a geek :addict:

The main one I use is still Sportypal, with 900 runs/rides over 3 years I cant really bring myself to stop using it. I find it has the most useful web interface for geeky analysing of results, manual segments, customisable results charts etc and it works accross platform including java. Its fallen a bit behind now and development seems slow despite them having ideas for strava segments, ghost riders and such years ago. I run Strava alongside it, but mostly just use Strava for the competitive aspect, I dont always bother to upload rides if i know theyll be really slow.

Id recommend Endomondo to anyone looking for a sportstracker app though, seems very popular and a decent allrounder.

Echoes my thoughts but I made the jump from sportypal to endomondo. Exported my recent workouts and uploaded them to endomondo. But I imagine 3 years worth will take you a while! :confused:

Grayduff

Über Member
No problem... Theres a tutorial with screenshots here

http://mountainbikingresources.com/importing-cyclemeter-rides-into-strava-kml-to-gpx/

But read the first response comment below, that's the one tells you to email!

Good luck
Went out for an 8 mile ride with what you said in mind, stuck my i phone in the back pocket and looked forward to the results and uploaded date to strava.

My only very big pratish problem ??? Forgot/Neglegted to turn cyclemeter on...:wacko::wacko:..

Will try again Tomorrow.^_^ .

Top Bottom