April 1st Stunts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Night Train

Maker of Things
I'm thinking of going in early to college, locking the workshop doors and sticking a notice on saying:

Workshop closed due to fungal infestation.
Do not enter!

And then let my students sweat it out wondering how to get their furniture work done for the end of term.:biggrin:

One student came in complaining of suffering more lost time in the workshop to complete her project. Another, we watched her, stomp her feet and then nearly storm off home.

One of the other teachers saw the notice and told his students that we got some timber in that had Scandinavian redwood fungus and it had sprouted into mushrooms overnight leading to a release of toxic spores. They all fell for it. :biggrin:

Arch

Married to Night Train
One student came in complaining of suffering more lost time in the workshop to complete her project. Another, we watched her, stomp her feet and then nearly storm off home.

One of the other teachers saw the notice and told his students that we got some timber in that had Scandinavian redwood fungus and it had sprouted into mushrooms overnight leading to a release of toxic spores. They all fell for it. :biggrin:

And what was their reaction when you let on?

Night Train

Maker of Things
And what was their reaction when you let on?

The other teacher never told his lot it was an April fool. He reckoned that if they couldn't work it out for themselves...

My lot were fine. Half the class realised straight away and came in the worshop by the back door. The two who throught it was real were just shame faced when the other's laughed.:biggrin:

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
Played a couple myself, too.

Told one of the divvie girls that Cameron had issued a decree that meant April Fools had been moved to the 31st of March.

I was in the store room and a lad said something about "Its good they've got some proper tins in now" denoting that the company had bought some decent Heinz stock. I said, "oh thats not really Heinz, its counterfit, they bought it cheap, you can tell as the i and the e are around the wrong way.."

He went over to look at the tins more closely. :ohmy:

EDIT: Oh and one of my favourite practical jokes used to be to draw a spider in black pen on a bit of paper, fold it over and flash it at the girls. It was amazing how many jumped back a screamed.

Top Bottom