Are Aldi Clothes Any Good

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

notreally

alecstilleyedye said:
you can always tell when aldi has cycling gear in, because you go on the club's saturday run and they're all wearing it!
Oh famous!

ztcg45.png

Ricky Baby

ACS

Legendary Member
Use Aldi (and Decathlon) kit for commuting in and training in. Have one set for fairly good kit for event days. The rest of my gear is just washing machine fodder. I started with SPD compatable shoes from Aldi and still use them for commuting in during the winter. No vent meshing so they warmer then my Spech BG's.

As others have said its very much try before you buy. I'll be at the doors at opening time.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yup for commuting it is fine and as thats all i do regularly its all i wear ,i shall be there at 9 am , luckily for me i happen to have the day off to see about a mortgage anyway . Tbh i am one of the few at work who wears Lycra as the vast majority wear baggies or normal clothes.The few "Lycra louts " like me are few and far between so i will risk looking uncool and cheap .

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Last years L/S top very good value for the money, but fit peculiar - much too long, but suspect I should have bought S and not M. Tip: always buy 2 sizes and return the one (or both) that doesn't fit.

RyanW said:
are they not doing the SPD shoes this year!!!

Im not paying £50 for a pair!

Lidl did a month or so ago - might be a few pairs left. I seem to remember Aldi did a second round of bike stuff last year in which shoes were the major attraction. If you've got minute/huge* (* delete as appropriate) feet you might pick up a pair cheap through bike shops with their own web sites.

Good luck

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
RyanW said:
are they not doing the SPD shoes this year!!!

Im not paying £50 for a pair!
My local LIDL (Hinckley) still had a few pairs of shoes in last week. I didn't look what sizes as I'd already bought some and can recommend them.

marekbuk

You get what you pay for but I have to say that apart from the large sizing issue the Crane range of cycling clothing is generally well made for the price and comfortable too.
I'll certainly be stocking up this Thursday on my way to vote!

Top Bottom