Are all cameras disposable now?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1258
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peanut

Speck said:
Picasa3 +1 excellent:smile:
Hi Speck not seen you around for a while. How goes it ? still getting out on that rather tasty bike of yours I hope :rolleyes:
If you are ever down this way ie Bridgwater Glastonbury etc give me a shout and i'll ride out with you.

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

peanut said:
Its the Finepix S5000 series yes ?
fantastic camera, The only problem was the time it took for the lens to come out if you wanted a snapshot. Infutriating. :biggrin:
The S5600 was the best in the 5000 series. Very quick ready time due to its fixed lens.

I repair these cameras as a hobby . What exactly is the fault with the camera ?

Its a sensor problem, when trying to take a picture all I see on the viewfinder/LCD is white, if I take picture its just white. I have ordered a replacement this afternoon

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product1.asp?ProductID=4464

The bundle with 1g memory card, case and spare battery.

peanut

dave r said:
Its a sensor problem, when trying to take a picture all I see on the viewfinder/LCD is white, if I take picture its just white. I have ordered a replacement this afternoon

http://www.camerabox.co.uk/product1.asp?ProductID=4464

The bundle with 1g memory card, case and spare battery.
occasionally that can be caused by oxidation on the sensor connector strip due to being in a damp atmosphere or being put in the case after use in damp conditions

You have to strip the camera to clean it though so its obviously best to replace the sensor whilst in there .
There were numerous threads around the internet how 100's of owners recovered use of their cameras by giving it a sharp jar which temporaily improved the connection

If I were you i would have bought a used S5600 off ebay for £50-£60 much better camera and cheaper than a new sensor.
I've just sold a S5600 for £65 and 2x S5000 for £45.00 each on YACC forum.
One of them went to our very own Noodley

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 1258

peanut said:
occasionally that can be caused by oxidation on the sensor connector strip due to being in a damp atmosphere or being put in the case after use in damp conditions

You have to strip the camera to clean it though so its obviously best to replace the sensor whilst in there .
There were numerous threads around the internet how 100's of owners recovered use of their cameras by giving it a sharp jar which temporaily improved the connection

If I were you i would have bought a used S5600 off ebay for £50-£60 much better camera and cheaper than a new sensor.
I've just sold a S5600 for £65 and 2x S5000 for £45.00 each on YACC forum.
One of them went to our very own Noodley

I did try the sharp tap at one point, but without success, once I had been told the camera wasn't worth repairing for the second time I decided I would replace it, and did consider a used camera but decided in the end to go new. Its difficult to know what to do for the best without the necessary technical knowledge.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are terribly disposable. The kids dropped a Minolta Z3 that I had, locked up the zoom lens and knocked one of the lenses off centre. Fortunately covered by home insurance, and got a Fuji S9600 (9 mega pixel, 10 x optical zoom) a couple of years ago - love that one, and they were not that expensive - must be pretty cheap now.

Top Bottom