Are Brompton going into the used bike business ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dicko

Guru
This week my Facebook has been worrying me to buy a used Brompton e bike every time I turn my tablet on.
It’s all very well but at 20% off they are still too expensive for me. Do you think these used Brompton bikes are trade ins or are they buying up Bromptons and this is a new venture?

IMG_2124.jpeg

vickster

Legendary Member
What does it say on the website doing the advertising?

Drago

Legendary Member
According tomroad.cc etx it's their way of minimising losses by selling ex demo bikes, display bikes, and factory 'seconds' with damaged paint, etc, at a reduced rate.

They aren't selling second hand bikes per se, although they may have been ridden, as the bikes have only ever belonged to Brompton in the first place, just as a brand new bike woukd have done.

Fair play to them. If it minimises their losses and helps someone out who doesn't mind a few cosmetic flaws then why not?

Interesting. I've been tasked with finding an electric folder for someone and I've been having a hard time convincing them they'll need to spend quite a bit for a decent ride, this might persuade them!

https://www.brompton.com/c/bikes/renewed

Other bike recomendations accepted gratefully!

Last edited:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Just factory refurbished, like lots of consumer electronics. Or like car dealers selling pre-registered and ex demo vehicles.
Except these Bromptons might have been through ten or twenty hands before you buy them. So how do they refurbish the paint? Rattle can or touch in pot? Of course there may be no cosmetic damage at all. I wonder if you can view your prospective purchase?

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Can't find used bikes by Brompton. Can someone post a link please?

OP
OP
dicko

dicko

Guru
Now if that scheme and those prices were available three years ago I may have bought one then. I would like to have a ride on a Brompton see how it rode like. We have a small Ka so a couple of Bromptons would enhance our retirement days out exploring.

Last edited:

Tenkaykev

Guru
Now if that scheme and those prices were available three years ago I may have bought one then. I would like to have a ride on a Brompton see how it rode like. We have a small Ka so a couple of Bromptons would enhance our retirement days out exploring.

They are very compact. We stored both of ours under the bottom bunk on the Caledonian Sleeper
bromsleeper.jpeg

Top Bottom