Are cats sickly little beasts?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't own one. and I'm not a big fan of the species. I seem to have a large number of friends who spend vast amounts of money at the veterinary surgeon so that their unhealthy feline monsters they can continue to crap in secret corners. Seems rum to me.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
When i look at my small town's facebook page there are three questions frequently asked. Which take-away do you recommend, where can i get my nails done and has anyone seen my lost cat.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The cat over the road was savaged by the cat next door. It cost £2000 to get fixed. They didn't have the luxury of concealing their " hurt ". The owner of the victim never made a fuss.

Their owners are entirely bonkers.

I don't own one. and I'm not a big fan of the species. I seem to have a large number of friends who spend vast amounts of money at the veterinary surgeon so that their unhealthy feline monsters they can continue to crap in secret corners. Seems rum to me.

I don't have a cat at present, but I've had them on and off throughout my adult life, They're fairly trouble-free in my experience; there's a bit of expense initially - spaying or castration and vaccination - then regular worm and flea treatments throughout their life, and maybe a flurry of expense towards the end of it, often because they need a special diet and/or regular medication for their last few years. Much cheaper to 'run' than most dogs.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I don't have a cat at present, but I've had them on and off throughout my adult life, They're fairly trouble-free in my experience; there's a bit of expense initially - spaying or castration and vaccination - then regular worm and flea treatments throughout their life, and maybe a flurry of expense towards the end of it, often because they need a special diet and/or regular medication for their last few years. Much cheaper to 'run' than most dogs.
Don't you think that dogs are less complicated? Doesn't a cat pissing in your headphones lose it's charm after a while?

Don't you think that dogs are less complicated? Doesn't a cat pissing in your headphones lose it's charm after a while?
Hmm, I think we're getting somewhere here... why are your headphones in the litter tray?

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My mom always had a cat until very recently. I grew up with them. Im not fussed either way with them really. Which is likely what they think of their owners. When i left home i had dogs. But, I have had cats now for just over a year, not my doing... The household started with one. Then one day it started meowing at me and i had no idea what was up with it, everyone else was in bed, so i went to bed and told myself i would deal with it tomorrow... Quite a shock then to wake up and find it had multiplied and had a litter of 5 kittens! Fast forward to now, we kept 3 of them. :wacko:

On the issue of their health, other than neutering and microchipping (all of our cats are now) oh and flea and worming cat ownership has been relatively painless on the wallet. Even going back to when i was a kid. My parents never had issues with their cats. Other than a litter they had one which was a grey male. Apparently, they are very susceptible to tumours which took him at a young age.

I've often had both a cat and a dog at the same time, and cats are far simpler, less trouble and far less 'work' than a dog. Except when they climb up the Christmas tree and make it fall over onto the dog LOL! I've never had a cat pee in my headphones - but I have had a dog chew them up ...

We have a small dog, but don't own a cat. Neighbours cats wander into our garden from time to time, leaving their scented calling cards as they go. Quite happy with this arrangement, as it might persuade the rats to go elsewhere. Would like to have our own cat, but the dog is spoiled and wouldn't allow it. We also have 2 squirrels that visit our garden regularly. Vet bills, as you might imagine, are nothing to be feared here :okay:

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
We have a small dog, but don't own a cat. Neighbours cats wander into our garden from time to time, leaving their scented calling cards as they go. Quite happy with this arrangement, as it might persuade the rats to go elsewhere. Would like to have our own cat, but the dog is spoiled and wouldn't allow it. We also have 2 squirrels that visit our garden regularly. Vet bills, as you might imagine, are nothing to be feared here :okay:
It sounds like your dog has absolutely the right idea. Could I send a biscuit or a small savoury snack?

Top Bottom